PDA

View Full Version : Updated 4in1 for GA-7VAXP Computer Now Shot

frizzle
August 22nd 03, 08:33 PM
I was having random computer shutdowns so I updated my bios to the latest,
and updated the 4in1 chip drivers to the latest. Now my computer is shot.
The bios boot fine through the POST, but as soon as Windows XP SP1 (fully
updated) starts, the computer slows down to almost a stop. It takes 15
MINUTES to boot windows. It even takes forever in Safe Mode. Once its
boots, it acts like its in some type of time warp. I tried to reinstall the
chip set drivers using the uninstall first method, but nothing makes it
work.

HELP!

--

Thanks,

Frizzle

Roy Zurowski
August 22nd 03, 09:38 PM
Do a Windows XP repair install, and then update again from Windows Update.

"frizzle" > wrote in message
> I was having random computer shutdowns so I updated my bios to the latest,
> and updated the 4in1 chip drivers to the latest. Now my computer is shot.
> The bios boot fine through the POST, but as soon as Windows XP SP1 (fully
> updated) starts, the computer slows down to almost a stop. It takes 15
> MINUTES to boot windows. It even takes forever in Safe Mode. Once its
> boots, it acts like its in some type of time warp. I tried to reinstall
the
> chip set drivers using the uninstall first method, but nothing makes it
> work.
>
> HELP!
>
> --
>
> Thanks,
>
> Frizzle

frizzle
August 25th 03, 03:11 PM
No I didn't. I went ahead and decided to reformat. I repartitioned,
reformatted, and everytime XP tries to install it hangs after it reformats
the hard drive to NTFS. It does nothing when it is supposed to be checking
the disk. I am ready to head to a bell tower.......

I am on hold with Microsoft as type this.

"Phil" > wrote in message
> Have you tried doing a system restore to a few days ago (before the driver
> update)?
> "frizzle" > wrote in message
> > That didn't work. The XP install hangs while it is trying to inspect
the
> > boot drive (I let it go 24 hrs and no progress). I tried checkdisk in
XP
> > and it found no errors.
> >
> > Am I going to have to reformat and reinstall XP ?
> >

> > "Roy Zurowski" > wrote in message
> > . ca...
> > > Do a Windows XP repair install, and then update again from Windows
> Update.

> > latest,
> > shot.
> > (fully
> 15
> its
> reinstall
> > > the
> it

frizzle
August 26th 03, 02:33 AM
For those of you following along...

It was a bad ram chip. For future reference, if you have a computer that
starts acting whack, check the RAM first. Now anyone wanna donate $80?