PDA

View Full Version : Re: GA7NNXP - Getting Power but thats it.

Chris Schrader
August 22nd 03, 12:21 AM
"Lloyd LaBaw" > wrote in message >...
> either try reseating your processor or maybe reseat ram for initial boot.
>
> "Dave B" > wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I've just upgraded my pc with a new GA7NNXP board with AMD 2600XP
> processor
> > and 1gb of memory.
> >
> > When I power on the unit I get power to the motherboard and fans but there
> > are no cmos beeps as expected no signal is being sent to my monitor to
> bring
> > it out of standby mode and my HDD are not spinning up.
> >
> > I have tested the graphics card and HDD in another base unit and they work
> > fine.
> >
> > I suspect it is the motherboard at fault but wondered if anyone else had
> had
> > this problem.
> >
> > Dave.

I am having a similar problem,
With a new GA-7NNXP board and 2500+ barton core Athlon XP and 1gb in
dual ddr configuration - first boot restarted quickly, then ran at
1100 mhz.
I forgot to set the clk_sw to on for 333 fsb
After doing this - no boot
Good PSU; RAM and CPU seated OK
Please help, any suggestions welcome

Jeff Shultz
September 2nd 03, 04:40 PM
Dave B wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've just upgraded my pc with a new GA7NNXP board with AMD 2600XP
> processor and 1gb of memory.
>
> When I power on the unit I get power to the motherboard and fans but
> there are no cmos beeps as expected no signal is being sent to my monitor
> to bring it out of standby mode and my HDD are not spinning up.
>
> I have tested the graphics card and HDD in another base unit and they
> work fine.
>
> I suspect it is the motherboard at fault but wondered if anyone else had
> had this problem.
>
> Dave.

This sounds familiar - after unplugging everything else, I pulled out the
DPS thingy.... and everything works now. Methinks that DPS needs more
work.

--
Jeff Shultz