PDA

View Full Version : Re: GA-7VA keeps powering off

JohnD
August 21st 03, 06:27 PM
Update, I managed to get the board to POST with all cards on the
board, but only with the CPU fan pulled out. As soon as I connect the
cpu fan then board **** down after 3 seconds of power.

"JohnD" > wrote in message
> I bought a new pre-built PC with contained a GA7VA (rev1). When I press
the
> power switch the board automatically turns off after 3 seconds. Pressing
> the power button again does nothing, however the memory led on the corner
of
> the board stays on.
> Is this a known problem with the board, or is it RMA time.
>
> XP2400+
> 256MB PC2700
> 80GB HD
> GF5600
> CDRW
> DVD

JohnD
August 21st 03, 08:51 PM
Just in case anyone has the same problem, the culprit turned out to be a
cheap 350watt Aquarius PSU. I replaced it with a 300watt sparkle PSU and the
system posted and is working fine.