PDA

View Full Version : GA-SINXP1394: using WinXP Power Management on IDE3 & IDE4

Dave Matthews
August 21st 03, 01:02 AM
Hi gang,

Sorry if this is a daft question but I don't fully appreciate the
implications/limitations of running hard drives from IDE3 and IDE4 on the
SINXP board. Quite simply I cannot get Win XP's (Home Edition, SP1) built-in
power management to suspend any of my HDDs on these channels. Note they
are NOT being run as a RAID array - just a straightforward set of disks,
each with a single partition. I've flipped through the mobo's manuals and
Gigabyte's website and can see no mention of (lack of) PM support. Any ideas
would be much appreciated!

--
Cheers,

Dave Matthews

'New Avengers' and 'Professionals' sites at:
http://www.mark-1.co.uk

Matt
August 21st 03, 02:49 AM
"Dave Matthews" > wrote in message
> Hi gang,
>
> Sorry if this is a daft question but I don't fully appreciate the
> implications/limitations of running hard drives from IDE3 and IDE4 on the
> SINXP board. Quite simply I cannot get Win XP's (Home Edition, SP1)
built-in
> power management to suspend any of my HDDs on these channels. Note they
> are NOT being run as a RAID array - just a straightforward set of disks,
> each with a single partition. I've flipped through the mobo's manuals and
> Gigabyte's website and can see no mention of (lack of) PM support. Any
ideas
> would be much appreciated!

Hi Dave, see what happens if you hook them up to IDE 1 and 2. Any
difference?