View Full Version : Re: GA-8KNXP IRQ's

sig666
August 20th 03, 10:59 PM
Page 57 where it discuses BIOS setup.

PCI1 and PCI5 shared.
PCI2, 3, 4 not shared

Maiso wrote:
> Hi:
>

> Does anybody knows how the IRQ's and PCI slots are shared on this
> Board? I have read the manual several times and it is not there. I
> don't want any conflict with the IRQ's if I place a PCI card on a
> specific slot. I am using ACPI now which I think will avoid that kind
> of problem,but still want to know the IRQ's and PCI slots shared just
> in case problems arise. Thanks for any help.

DrWho?
August 20th 03, 11:18 PM
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 21:59:40 GMT, sig666 >
wrote:

>Page 57 where it discuses BIOS setup.
>
>PCI1 and PCI5 shared.
>PCI2, 3, 4 not shared
>
>Maiso wrote:
>> Hi:
>>

>> Does anybody knows how the IRQ's and PCI slots are shared on this
>> Board? I have read the manual several times and it is not there. I
>> don't want any conflict with the IRQ's if I place a PCI card on a
>> specific slot. I am using ACPI now which I think will avoid that kind
>> of problem,but still want to know the IRQ's and PCI slots shared just
>> in case problems arise. Thanks for any help.

Dont forget any on board devices will use IRQs as well, so if you have
3 USB hubs thats 3 IRQs and sound makes another so that is 4 IRQs used
by on board crap, which means, finding a totaly free unshared IRQ is a
myth at best....

If using win2K or better enable APIC extensions and providing your
DRIVERS will support it you can avoid IRQ conflicts ( usualy ).

Richard Dower
August 20th 03, 11:24 PM
"Maiso" > wrote in message
m...
> Hi:
>

> Does anybody knows how the IRQ's and PCI slots are shared on this
> Board? I have read the manual several times and it is not there. I
> don't want any conflict with the IRQ's if I place a PCI card on a
> specific slot. I am using ACPI now which I think will avoid that kind
> of problem,but still want to know the IRQ's and PCI slots shared just
> in case problems arise. Thanks for any help.

Damn, all i read these days are threads about the 8KNXP. Does anybody talk
about the 8INXP anymore?

Or is it obsolete now :(

Maiso
August 21st 03, 02:22 AM
Hi:

Thanks. How could I missed that?. It is very clear in that page 57.
Guess I was looking but not seeing. Well, it happened some times.

sig666 > wrote in message t>...
> Page 57 where it discuses BIOS setup.
>
> PCI1 and PCI5 shared.
> PCI2, 3, 4 not shared
>
> Maiso wrote:
> > Hi:
> >

> > Does anybody knows how the IRQ's and PCI slots are shared on this
> > Board? I have read the manual several times and it is not there. I
> > don't want any conflict with the IRQ's if I place a PCI card on a
> > specific slot. I am using ACPI now which I think will avoid that kind
> > of problem,but still want to know the IRQ's and PCI slots shared just
> > in case problems arise. Thanks for any help.

sig666
August 21st 03, 02:34 AM
Richard Dower wrote:
> "Maiso" > wrote in message
> m...
>
>>Hi:
>>

>> Does anybody knows how the IRQ's and PCI slots are shared on this
>>Board? I have read the manual several times and it is not there. I
>>don't want any conflict with the IRQ's if I place a PCI card on a
>>specific slot. I am using ACPI now which I think will avoid that kind
>>of problem,but still want to know the IRQ's and PCI slots shared just
>>in case problems arise. Thanks for any help.
>

> Damn, all i read these days are threads about the 8KNXP. Does anybody talk
> about the 8INXP anymore?
>
> Or is it obsolete now :(

Yes. The 8INXP has been obsolete for som time now.