PDA

View Full Version : Re: 8knxp & silicon vs ICH5R Raid

Ron Zahavi
August 19th 03, 07:31 PM
I initially connected my two drives in RAID 0 to the ICH5R with the F5
and they were recognized after I downloaded from Intel the updated
driver and used it during windows XP install. I was experiencing some
problems with one drive (at least the controller was telling I was),
so I switched to the SI controller. It didn't recognize the RAID 0
and I had to reformat and restore from backup, so I assume going the
other direction also won't work.