PDA

View Full Version : Re: Any New 8KNXP BIOS's?

Ken
August 19th 03, 11:03 AM
He's talking about later beta bios versions. Not whats on the gigabyte site.
We all know that the F5 is the latest there.

As for his question i havnt seen any later bios versions than the F6k. Thats
what ive got

Ken

"Matt" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Bradley Walker" > wrote in message
> > I have the F6k Bios that was leaked out a few weeks ago. Are there any
> > newer F6 Bios's out yet or even word on a public release??
>
> The latest version is F5
>
> http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-8KNXP.htm

Bob Davis
August 21st 03, 05:38 AM
Isn't the F6K only for the Ultra model and the GigaRaid function is not
present?

"Ken" > wrote in message
u...
> He's talking about later beta bios versions. Not whats on the gigabyte
site.
> We all know that the F5 is the latest there.
>
> As for his question i havnt seen any later bios versions than the F6k.
Thats
> what ive got
>
> Ken
>

> "Matt" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >
> > "Bradley Walker" > wrote in message
> > > I have the F6k Bios that was leaked out a few weeks ago. Are there
any
> > > newer F6 Bios's out yet or even word on a public release??
> >
> > The latest version is F5
> >
> > http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-8KNXP.htm

Tim
August 21st 03, 06:56 AM
Its wonderful. They have the same numbering sequence.

From what I have read - double check before you do anything - F6C (?) is the
most recent beta bios for Ultra, F6K is most recent for non Ultra. F6K and
those that preceed it (F6A) "seem" to progressively settle many issues with
RAM incompatibities. Again, from what I have read.

So since they are all beta, unless you are masochistic or still have trouble
with your RAM, I would stay away from them.

For a history of others experience with 8KNXP, memory, and bios see:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/v2/showthread.php?s=175aefcfd56ee4d4b77bd3e9aa57e
518&threadid=12347&perpage=15&highlight=8knxp%20beta%20bios&pagenumber=1

- a light, but encouraging read at 18 pages. Demonstrates well the sense of
community that exists on the internet (I have to look for something good out
of all that reading 'cos there are some horror stories in there that seem to
get resolved).

There is a good description of how memtest86 test #5 works and a speel about
the results... sorry, don't recall which page :)

- Tim

.. .