PDA

View Full Version : GA-586ATE hard drive sizes?

Chuk Goodin
August 18th 03, 08:45 PM
Does anyone know if we could put a current hard drive in a machine with a
GA-586ATE board? The machine is running Win98 SE -- can that handle a
60GB drive?

--
chuk

Chuk Goodin
August 19th 03, 06:18 AM
In article <[email protected]>,
Matt > wrote:

>"Chuk Goodin" > wrote in message
>>
>> Does anyone know if we could put a current hard drive in a machine with a
>> GA-586ATE board? The machine is running Win98 SE -- can that handle a
>> 60GB drive?
>
>no

So, how high can I go? Is there an FAQ somewhere that covers this kind of
thing, even in general?

--
chuk

Holger Wiegratz
August 28th 03, 08:24 AM
Chuk Goodin wrote:
> Does anyone know if we could put a current hard drive in a machine
> with a GA-586ATE board? The machine is running Win98 SE -- can that
> handle a 60GB drive?
Please have a look at http://wims.host.sk/. I think it can handle more
than 60 GB...