PDA

View Full Version : Re: Memory Problem GA-6BA

Matt
August 18th 03, 05:51 PM
"Axel Stötzer" > wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I bought a SD-RAM PC133 with 256MB for my GA-6BA. But the Board says it
has
> only 128 MB of RAM.
> What could be the matter?
>
> Thanks a lot
> Axel

Could be a piece of lint/dirt in the socket or dirty contacts on the memory
module. Try a different slot. There should be 3 or 4.

Alien Zord
August 18th 03, 06:07 PM
"Axel Stötzer" > wrote in message
> I bought a SD-RAM PC133 with 256MB for my GA-6BA. But the Board says
it has
> only 128 MB of RAM.
> What could be the matter?

New 256MB memory modules are made using 32MBx8 chips (usually single
sided 8 chip types) which are not compatible with the BX chipset or
earlier. You need modules made with 16MBx8 chips, that's 16 chips on
both sides of the DIMM module (for standard non-ECC types).