PDA

View Full Version : Re: GA-8KNXP and RAID Card

rodeoislander
August 18th 03, 04:44 PM
I am using a Highpoint 'Rocket 133 S' (non-raid) with my 8knxp and it works
great.

The integrated Highpoint Raid controllers on several past motherboards have
worked well. When Adaptec decided to release a hardware based ata133 raid
card, they chose Highpoint chips to control it.

So, no direct experience with their latest raid cards here, but a
recommendation based on past experience with their products.

"Maiso" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi:
>
> I want to install two 80GB Western Digital Special edsition Caviar
> 8MB Cache ATA 100 drives in a RAID 0 configuration on my 8KNXP MB.
> Understanding that so many people are complaining about the
> performance of the Onboard ITE GigaRaid controller not being good
> enough, I will like to buy a new PCI RAID controller card. I have only
> resarch the Promise Ultra TX2, and the two from Highpoint, Rocket RAID
> 100 and Rocket RAID 133. Can anybody give me some guidance on these
> Controller Cards or to any other one that exist and that is not too
> expensive. Any comments or recommendation about which one to buy will
> be really appreciated. If somebody has any Benchmark on them and want
> to give me the details, I will appreciate that too. Thanks for your
> help.
>
> P.S. Running Windows XP Pro, 2.8GHz 800FSB, 1GB Mushkin PC3200 DDRAM,
> SB Audigy 2, ATI Radeon 9500, Sony DRU-510A DVD R/W, Sony DVD ROM.

Maiso
August 19th 03, 10:21 PM
Hi:

Thanks to both of you for your response. How much will the CPU load
be affected by this RAID Controller Cards? If I understand correctly,
this Cards comes with their own CPU and BIOS and therefore the load of
the Main CPU won't be affected, am I correct? If anybody wants to join
this thread and help me with this matter, please do. Thanks again.