PDA

View Full Version : Re: Best Nforce Ultra 400 ? Giga-byte, Asus, Abit, or MSI + why?

Mark H
August 8th 03, 11:53 PM
I buy Abit just for the a.)bios b.)bios-support. No other manufacturer
supports their product as well. There's already 8 bios releases for
Version 2.0. I owned the KT7a - and there's still product support past
it's prime. They never ducted the capacitor issue either, lol, course
this group beat em over head with it and Abit thought Homie was a hero
until the lawyers got a hold of it.

--
Mark H --- Frag on !
NF7-S v2.0 Win2k-sp4

Elmo
August 9th 03, 02:29 AM
I have both an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Rev 1.4 and a Rev 2.0. Both of these are
great boards. I also have a Gigabyte 7NNXP. The Gigabyte is in my view the
best nForce2 board on the market today. It does have a few drawbacks. Its
expensive, about $190.00 US and the IDE GigaRAID is slower than a normal IDE
drive. My son has an ABIT NF7-S and he feels that it is the best nForce2
board made. I don't think that you can go wrong with any of the three
brands.
My son has a XP2500 Barton on his ABIT NF7-S that he has overclocked to 12 X
210 for 2520MHz and 420FSB with Corsair XMS3500, he is using some homemade
water cooling. I have a XP3000 Barton on my Gigabyte 7NNXP, it is running at
11.5 X 230 for 2530MHz and 460FSB with Corsair XMS3700. I'm using a Swiftech
water cooling setup with dual radiators and water blocks on both the CPU and
GPU. I did not have a great deal of success overclocking the ASUS A7N8X, I
could get the FSB to 200 and no more. Of these three boards I would go with
the least expensive. If your into overclocking I would go with the Gigabyte
either a 7NNXP or a 7N400.