PDA

View Full Version : 8KNXP Overclocking

Bradley Walker
August 7th 03, 07:47 PM
What is the best way to go about overclocking this board? I have a P4 2.8c
and looking to take it possibly upto 3.2ghz. I also have Corsair PC3200 DDR
ram.

Brad

Get your very own Free and Personal E-mail account for life @
http://www.modemnet.net

Bob Davis
August 8th 03, 05:13 AM
You can try overclocking the system bus (FSB) to 214, but the RAM or some
other component of your system may not be up to the task. Your RAM isn't
rated for that speed, and though it may run reliably there I wouldn't bet on
it. Also check your CPU and case temperatures, as they will increase.

"Bradley Walker" > wrote in message
> What is the best way to go about overclocking this board? I have a P4
2.8c
> and looking to take it possibly upto 3.2ghz. I also have Corsair PC3200
DDR
> ram.
>
> Brad
>
> --
> Get your very own Free and Personal E-mail account for life @
> http://www.modemnet.net

Bradley Walker
August 9th 03, 05:01 PM
I have a feeling I would need to incriment the CPU voltage as well for it to
support the overclocking? Currently my 2.8c voltage is set to 1.5250v by
factory default.

. ..