PDA

View Full Version : Re: GA-7N400 Pro boot problem with USB device

MauriceM
August 3rd 03, 12:20 PM
i have a similar problem if I try and boot with a dell (lexar) usb ram disk
in any of the usb ports. The problem does not occur with a generic seitec
usb ram disk or other usb devices. Conversely other pcs boot with the dell
stick no probs. Im up to F9 bios and hopeful of a bios fix as well

"Andrew K." > wrote in message
> My Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro takes about 3 minutes to move from the CPU
> identification to the memory identification step during the power on self
> test (POST). After that, the board seems to run well.
>
> However, if I disconnect my Canon CanoScan 1240U USB scanner before
turning
> on the system power, the board will then POST in just a few seconds.
>
> Why is there a POST delay with the USB scanner connected? Several other
> people have noticed similar problems when USB devices are attached to
their
> GA-7N400 Pro boards.
>
> Is there any way to fix this with a bios setting?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

Andrew K.
August 7th 03, 03:38 AM