PDA

View Full Version : GA8KNXP Data Corruption

Denis Fitzgibbon
August 2nd 03, 03:59 PM
I am hoping someone maybe able to help me.
I have just built a new system using a GA8KNXP board, Bios Version F5.
I am booting from the ATA raid with 2x40 GB Western Digital Drives 8mb cache
Raid 0, running XP Pro Service Pack 1 and updated patches.
When I start the system every so often chkdsk runs and tells me there are
corrupt
files on the drive. Windows stopped running once, corrupted registry but was
able to restart
via the console and have reinstalled since, a clean install.
I have run some graphics on the system and they are fine am hoping there is
some tweak to fix the problem
Thanks in advance
regards
Denis

Denis Fitzgibbon
August 7th 03, 05:07 AM
"Denis Fitzgibbon" > wrote in message
> I am hoping someone maybe able to help me.
> I have just built a new system using a GA8KNXP board, Bios Version F5.
> I am booting from the ATA raid with 2x40 GB Western Digital Drives 8mb
cache
> Raid 0, running XP Pro Service Pack 1 and updated patches.
> When I start the system every so often chkdsk runs and tells me there are
> corrupt
> files on the drive. Windows stopped running once, corrupted registry but
was
> able to restart
> via the console and have reinstalled since, a clean install.
> I have run some graphics on the system and they are fine am hoping there
is
> some tweak to fix the problem
> Thanks in advance
> regards
> Denis

Thanks to all the replies I should have been a littel more specific I am
using the IDE raid and not the Serial ATA
Raid. One of the books refers to the IDE Raid as ATA Raid. I have rebuilt
the Raid this time setting the drives
to mirror rather than stripe and so far no problems, still a mystery why the
striping caused data corruptions.
regards
Denis

---