PDA

View Full Version : Help please for GA-7VT600

Lucky
August 1st 03, 09:52 PM
Hi,

I've tried searching the gigabyte website, but can't see what type of power
supply I need for this board - will a 300W be ok or will I need a 400W?

TIA

Jeff
August 1st 03, 11:36 PM
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 21:52:40 +0100, "Lucky" > wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've tried searching the gigabyte website, but can't see what type of power
>supply I need for this board - will a 300W be ok or will I need a 400W?
>
>TIA

While alot depends upon what you put into it (ie # of hard drives,
video card, memory, other boards), I for one believe that a 300 watt
is just marginal these days...a QUALITY 400-450 watt is a much wiser
choice. Athlons are hungry beasts and many problems of instability, no
post, etc have been traced back to the PSU!

Good Luck