PDA

View Full Version : Re: HELP...GA-7N400 pro dual channel memory unstable

LiveWire
August 1st 03, 03:29 AM
> When using a GA-7N400 Pro motherboard with two new 512mb Crucial PC2700
> memory modules in a dual-channel configuration, Windows XP crashes or
> reboots the system. However, the system runs well with the same memory
> modules in a single-channel configuration.

What CPU are you using? And more to the point......is your memory
frequency synchronized with the FSB frequency?

--
LiveWire

Andrew K.
August 1st 03, 03:49 AM
I'm using an Athlon 2800+ Barton w/333 MHz FSB. It is matched to the PC2700
RAM.

"LiveWire" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> > When using a GA-7N400 Pro motherboard with two new 512mb Crucial PC2700
> > memory modules in a dual-channel configuration, Windows XP crashes or
> > reboots the system. However, the system runs well with the same memory
> > modules in a single-channel configuration.
>
> What CPU are you using? And more to the point......is your memory
> frequency synchronized with the FSB frequency?
>
> --
> LiveWire

Paul
August 2nd 03, 10:18 AM
Again had same problem with Dual Channel Mem.
F10a has fixed this , but have had intermitant trouble with my NIC.
Heres the URL http://www.jlaur.de/7n400p.10a