PDA

View Full Version : Gigabyte motherboard. Model Type GA-686BX

Steve MITCHAM
July 31st 03, 09:32 PM
Hi,
I've got an old Gigabyte motherboard. Model Type GA-686BX. The system bus
speed is set to 100MHZ. Can I utilise a PC133 256MB memory on this type of
motherboard. I have haerd from friends that the bios will only recognise
128MB!

Can anyone help with this query. Thanks in advance.

Mitch

crw
August 2nd 03, 07:31 PM
From my own (limited) experience I suspect the PC133 RAM will work as I have
done similar things myself, though you may have to update the BIOS. If you
have to buy RAM, it is still possible to buy PC100 RAM (and PC66) from
Crucial.