PDA

View Full Version : replacement chipset fan for GA7DX

Mike H.
July 31st 03, 04:44 PM
Where can I purchase a replacement chip set fan for a Gigabyte GA7DX
motherboard? While I was replacing a hard drive I noticed that the fan
stopped moving right after I vacuumed dust out of the system.

It's markings are as follow:
AVC Model D4010S12H fan 12V DC 0.10A

It's specifications are:
Size: 40x40x10mm
Current amps: 0.10
Input power watts: 0.20
Speed rpm: 6000
Airflow CFM: 6.85
Static Pressure : 0.095
Noise dB(A): 29
Weight grams: 15
2 pin female berg connector

I found these specs on a Japanese web site. The fan was always observed to
be moving very slowly which I had assumed was normal. Without the fan the
temperature of it's heat sink will rise to 98F with the case cover removed.

I suspect that the fans requirement is borderline in a system with auxiliary
cooling fans. I wish to replace it however.

Cheers,
Mike H.

Tim
August 1st 03, 11:58 AM
Mike,

This is a little late but....

Never ever use a vacuum cleaner near electronic stuff!!!!!!!!
Vacuum cleaners spit static electricity even when they suck.

Unless of course it is purpose designed and has earthing connectors and all
that.
Outside the case with covers on is ok.

- Tim

"Mike H." > wrote in message
> Where can I purchase a replacement chip set fan for a Gigabyte GA7DX
> motherboard? While I was replacing a hard drive I noticed that the fan
> stopped moving right after I vacuumed dust out of the system.
>
> It's markings are as follow:
> AVC Model D4010S12H fan 12V DC 0.10A
>
> It's specifications are:
> Size: 40x40x10mm
> Current amps: 0.10
> Input power watts: 0.20
> Speed rpm: 6000
> Airflow CFM: 6.85
> Static Pressure : 0.095
> Noise dB(A): 29
> Weight grams: 15
> 2 pin female berg connector
>
> I found these specs on a Japanese web site. The fan was always observed to
> be moving very slowly which I had assumed was normal. Without the fan the
> temperature of it's heat sink will rise to 98F with the case cover
removed.

> I suspect that the fans requirement is borderline in a system with
auxiliary
> cooling fans. I wish to replace it however.
>
> Cheers,
> Mike H.

S.Heenan
August 2nd 03, 01:41 AM

http://sidewindercomputers.com/50milfan.html
--
Winerr 00B - Push Error; Removing Files to Make Room for Advertisement