PDA

View Full Version : Re: 8KNXP - Bios here's F6k - 8knxp.f6k (0/1)

Ackk
July 30th 03, 04:05 AM
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:53:27 +0000 (UTC), "Boudewijn"
> wrote:

>Hello,
>Just a quick question.
>I am using the 8KNXP with a P4, 3Ghz 800FB + Corsair TwixX 3200 - 2 x 256
>Currently using F5 Bios. Although the memory is rated as 2/2/2/5, it's not
>stable at these timings and, after colsulting Corsair, I relaxed the timings
>to 2/3/3/6. Runs fine and stable now.
>Read about F6 bios for this mobo, which would allow the tighter memory
>timings of 2/2/2/5 ??!!
>Can't find it on the Gigabyte site or anywhere else.
>Could anybody shed some light on this.
>Thanks, regards,
>Boudewijn

bronco
July 30th 03, 06:14 PM
you did not attach the file
any chance we can get it somehow?
thanks in advance
"Ackk" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:53:27 +0000 (UTC), "Boudewijn"
> > wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >Just a quick question.
> >I am using the 8KNXP with a P4, 3Ghz 800FB + Corsair TwixX 3200 - 2 x 256
> >Currently using F5 Bios. Although the memory is rated as 2/2/2/5, it's
not
> >stable at these timings and, after colsulting Corsair, I relaxed the
timings
> >to 2/3/3/6. Runs fine and stable now.
> >Read about F6 bios for this mobo, which would allow the tighter memory
> >timings of 2/2/2/5 ??!!
> >Can't find it on the Gigabyte site or anywhere else.
> >Could anybody shed some light on this.
> >Thanks, regards,
> >Boudewijn

bronco
July 30th 03, 11:09 PM
sorry, I cant see it anywhere
Can u please email it to me?
"Ackk" > wrote in message
> It went in a separate post (i'm kinda new to Usenet), but it you
> should see it.
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:14:35 +0300, "bronco" >
> wrote:
>
> >you did not attach the file
> >any chance we can get it somehow?
> >thanks in advance
> >"Ackk" > wrote in message
> >> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:53:27 +0000 (UTC), "Boudewijn"

> >not
> >timings

Ken
July 31st 03, 12:20 AM
Its not here mate. This isnt a binaries group so wont show up

Ken

"Ackk" > wrote in message
> It went in a separate post (i'm kinda new to Usenet), but it you
> should see it.
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:14:35 +0300, "bronco" >
> wrote:
>
> >you did not attach the file
> >any chance we can get it somehow?
> >thanks in advance
> >"Ackk" > wrote in message
> >> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:53:27 +0000 (UTC), "Boudewijn"

> >not
> >timings

Ken
July 31st 03, 07:08 AM
Heres a link to that bios fellows

http://www.houseofhelp.com/v2/attachment.php?s=&postid=69559

Ken

"Ackk" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:53:27 +0000 (UTC), "Boudewijn"
> > wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >Just a quick question.
> >I am using the 8KNXP with a P4, 3Ghz 800FB + Corsair TwixX 3200 - 2 x 256
> >Currently using F5 Bios. Although the memory is rated as 2/2/2/5, it's
not
> >stable at these timings and, after colsulting Corsair, I relaxed the
timings
> >to 2/3/3/6. Runs fine and stable now.
> >Read about F6 bios for this mobo, which would allow the tighter memory
> >timings of 2/2/2/5 ??!!
> >Can't find it on the Gigabyte site or anywhere else.
> >Could anybody shed some light on this.
> >Thanks, regards,
> >Boudewijn

Dodgy
July 31st 03, 12:14 PM
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:20:02 +1000, "Ken" >
waffled on about something:

>Its not here mate. This isnt a binaries group so wont show up

That's down to your local server, the group names are generally just a
guide, nothing automatically enforced although you usually get flamed.

It showed up fine on claranews.

Having said that, the OP really should have just posted a link (as you
did - what a nice chap you are), so Ackk count yourself as lightly
charred.

D0d6y.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

rodeoislander
July 31st 03, 02:12 PM
It showed up on my server too. I have flashed it and it appears to be
running fine.

Seems to be a little more tolerant of my 240fsb overclock. The ITE ide
interface still fails at times to see my drive while overclocked however.
Pushing the reset key usually fixes this, so it's a minor annoyance.

I wish they'd opted for the highpoint controller instead; the latest
iterations have been very good in my experience.

"Dodgy" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:20:02 +1000, "Ken" >
> waffled on about something:
>
> >Its not here mate. This isnt a binaries group so wont show up
>
> That's down to your local server, the group names are generally just a
> guide, nothing automatically enforced although you usually get flamed.
>
> It showed up fine on claranews.
>
> Having said that, the OP really should have just posted a link (as you
> did - what a nice chap you are), so Ackk count yourself as lightly
> charred.
>
> D0d6y.
> --
> MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

Dodgy
July 31st 03, 03:32 PM
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:12:39 GMT, "rodeoislander" >
waffled on about something:

>It showed up on my server too. I have flashed it and it appears to be
>running fine.
>
>Seems to be a little more tolerant of my 240fsb overclock. The ITE ide
>interface still fails at times to see my drive while overclocked however.
>Pushing the reset key usually fixes this, so it's a minor annoyance.
>
>I wish they'd opted for the highpoint controller instead; the latest
>iterations have been very good in my experience.

20% overclock... Nice...

I wonder if I can get my P4c 3.0Ghz to go for that sort of o/c?

3.6Ghz... Hmmm... *droooool*

D0d6y.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

rodeoislander
July 31st 03, 06:04 PM
Well it's now at 235 fsb. I got a bluescreen booting just now (corrupt
system.log) so I ratcheted it back. I think I may disable the ITE controller
and install a Highpoint Rocket 133 instead to see if it's any more stable
that way.

"Dodgy" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:12:39 GMT, "rodeoislander" >
> waffled on about something:
>
> >It showed up on my server too. I have flashed it and it appears to be
> >running fine.
> >
> >Seems to be a little more tolerant of my 240fsb overclock. The ITE ide
> >interface still fails at times to see my drive while overclocked however.
> >Pushing the reset key usually fixes this, so it's a minor annoyance.
> >
> >I wish they'd opted for the highpoint controller instead; the latest
> >iterations have been very good in my experience.
>
> 20% overclock... Nice...
>
> I wonder if I can get my P4c 3.0Ghz to go for that sort of o/c?
>
> 3.6Ghz... Hmmm... *droooool*
>
> D0d6y.
> --
> MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

Ken
August 1st 03, 12:59 AM
I got my 3.0 gig to 3.3. Thats about the highest i can get with my ram hich
is 3500. Maybe if i get 3700 memory i could go higher. Dont think im going
to do it tho

Ken