PDA

View Full Version : GA-7DXR - Turn off RAID ?

Rich Hare
July 29th 03, 01:30 PM
I've got a GA-7DXR which I am running without using the RAID ports.

I understand that some motherboards have switches which allow you to use
the RAID ports as conventional IDE ports. Is there any way of doing
this on the GA-7DXR? I don't see it in the manual, and can't find
anything in the archives (using Google).

Rich

Rick
July 30th 03, 10:38 PM
JP54 (pg 36 in my manual)

close pins 1-2 Raid Mode
close pins 2-3 ATA100 Mode (default)

Rich Hare > wrote:

>I've got a GA-7DXR which I am running without using the RAID ports.
>
>I understand that some motherboards have switches which allow you to use
>the RAID ports as conventional IDE ports. Is there any way of doing
>this on the GA-7DXR? I don't see it in the manual, and can't find
>anything in the archives (using Google).
>
>Rich

Rich Hare
July 31st 03, 01:46 PM
Holy Cow!
There it is, big as life!
I don't know how I missed it when I first built the system and in
re-reading the manual several times since (I really did!).

Anyways, Thanks, Rick!

Rich