PDA

View Full Version : Re: 8KNXP bios F6e CPU Voltage problems..

Bob Davis
July 26th 03, 02:01 AM
"Johan Dahlberg" > wrote in message

> Hi everyone,
> I'm having difficulties getting a stable 1.55v for my P4 3.0C CPU with the
> F6e bios, anyone else having the same problems?
>
> The voltage keeps jumping from 1.47-1.55 (according to Motherboard Monitor
> 5) no matter what I set it to in bios (even when i set it to 1.6v).
Although
> it has always seemed stable until now, when i installed Warcraft III,
which
> crashed all the time on me. So I went back to bios F5, the voltage now
stays
> around 1.54-1.55, and Warcraft III works flawlessly.
>
> However it all seems strange, doesnt it? And yes, I'm using the DPS2!

I have F5 and show a consistent 1.52V, briefly dipping to 1.50 every few
minutes or so. I haven't had the courage to flash to F6e, and won't until I
see something the new bios will fix that seems worthy. I'm not having any
trouble here, so I'll use the IIABDF principle (If it ain't broke....).

BTW, what do you show for your +5V reading? Mine has always been low, now
at 4.08V. The 12V reading is also always low, now at 11.37V. Everything
else seems in line.

I did have DPS2 installed, but had to remove it when my Zalman HSF wouldn't
fit.

Johan Dahlberg
July 26th 03, 03:04 AM
"Bob Davis" > skrev i meddelandet
. ..

> "Johan Dahlberg" > wrote in message
>
> > Hi everyone,
> > I'm having difficulties getting a stable 1.55v for my P4 3.0C CPU with
the
> > F6e bios, anyone else having the same problems?
> >
> > The voltage keeps jumping from 1.47-1.55 (according to Motherboard
Monitor
> > 5) no matter what I set it to in bios (even when i set it to 1.6v).
> Although
> > it has always seemed stable until now, when i installed Warcraft III,
> which
> > crashed all the time on me. So I went back to bios F5, the voltage now
> stays
> > around 1.54-1.55, and Warcraft III works flawlessly.
> >
> > However it all seems strange, doesnt it? And yes, I'm using the DPS2!
>

> I have F5 and show a consistent 1.52V, briefly dipping to 1.50 every few
> minutes or so. I haven't had the courage to flash to F6e, and won't until
> see something the new bios will fix that seems worthy. I'm not having any
> trouble here, so I'll use the IIABDF principle (If it ain't broke....).
>
> BTW, what do you show for your +5V reading? Mine has always been low, now
> at 4.08V. The 12V reading is also always low, now at 11.37V. Everything
> else seems in line.
>
> I did have DPS2 installed, but had to remove it when my Zalman HSF
wouldn't
> fit.

I've noticed that Vcore now sometimes drops to 1.52-1.53 even with F5 bios,
but I havent seen anything lower than that (yet). +5V is at 4.10V here, and
+12V is at 12.14V. However it's perfectly stable now, even though +5V is
almost at 4V. Something tells me that MBM5's readings arent really
accurate..

/J

Johan Dahlberg
July 27th 03, 04:16 AM