PDA

View Full Version : 8INXP - DPS power failure

Richard Dower
July 25th 03, 04:21 AM
OK...so it seems i have now encountered this strange error message. I had a
56K modem installed on the last PCI slot, PCI 5...i took it out because i
got DSL. Then when i booted up i got the power failure warning.

I am not sure if in fact it had anything to do with removing the 56K modem,
or if it was going to happen anyways. Suffice to say my DPS board is working
and the fan is running, blue light on etc.

So to fix this problem i downloaded the F4 BIOS, the update went fine and
now the error message is gone...but now the startup BIOS screen no longer
displays the message "power supplied by parallel mode", or words to that
effect.

Has this message been removed with F4?...is this the update they applied,
removing this line of text at startup?

Anyway to get this back?...just wondering what others have experienced.

Gerd Jakobs
July 26th 03, 09:34 AM
Richard Dower wrote:

[snap]

> So to fix this problem i downloaded the F4 BIOS, the update went
> fine and now the error message is gone...but now the startup BIOS
> screen no longer displays the message "power supplied by parallel
> mode", or words to that effect.
>
> Has this message been removed with F4?...is this the update they
> applied, removing this line of text at startup?

Didn't know, that there's a new BIOS out for that MoBo. Did they fix
the problems with the thermal-values and wich new features are
implemented? (is this the right word? ;-)

Greets from Germany, Gerd

Richard Dower
July 27th 03, 06:14 PM
"Gerd Jakobs" > wrote in message
> Richard Dower wrote:
>
> [snap]
>
> > So to fix this problem i downloaded the F4 BIOS, the update went
> > fine and now the error message is gone...but now the startup BIOS
> > screen no longer displays the message "power supplied by parallel
> > mode", or words to that effect.
> >
> > Has this message been removed with F4?...is this the update they
> > applied, removing this line of text at startup?
>
> Didn't know, that there's a new BIOS out for that MoBo. Did they fix
> the problems with the thermal-values and wich new features are
> implemented? (is this the right word? ;-)

Not to my knowledge, i don't think the VCORE and temperature issues, or temp
reporting, was ever resolved.
I don't think any new features were added with F4.