PDA

View Full Version : GA-7VAX-A and an XP 2100+ @ 333

NuT CrAcKeR
July 25th 03, 02:09 AM
Hello All,

I have been reading up on the B core t'breds, and the consensus seems to be
that most of them can run at 166 (333). The thing is, the 7VAX-A board I
have only has the switch for Auto/100. There is a place on the board where
another switch looks like it could have been placed... IF i somehow short
this out (wire, switch, etc), can I force 166 and get my 2100+ to run
natively at 2.16Ghz ?

Right now, I have PC3200 (Kingston Hyper-X), and it runs in DDR400 mode,
with Top Performance turned on, at 155Mhz, so i am thinking that this memory
has the headroom.

Are there any articles that address this mod, and this kind of OC
potentional of the B core 2100+ ???

Thanks,

NuTs

JKBK
July 25th 03, 04:43 AM
Here`s the URL. Haven`t tried it yet. Please post your results if you do.
Jeff
http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=000852;p=1
"NuT CrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> I have been reading up on the B core t'breds, and the consensus seems to
be
> that most of them can run at 166 (333). The thing is, the 7VAX-A board I
> have only has the switch for Auto/100. There is a place on the board where
> another switch looks like it could have been placed... IF i somehow short
> this out (wire, switch, etc), can I force 166 and get my 2100+ to run
> natively at 2.16Ghz ?
>
> Right now, I have PC3200 (Kingston Hyper-X), and it runs in DDR400 mode,
> with Top Performance turned on, at 155Mhz, so i am thinking that this
memory
> has the headroom.
>
> Are there any articles that address this mod, and this kind of OC
> potentional of the B core 2100+ ???
>
> Thanks,
>
> NuTs

Sir Pudgie
July 25th 03, 08:23 AM
> Are there any articles that address this mod, and this kind of OC
> potentional of the B core 2100+ ???

I have done this successfully, with a 7vax1394 and Tbred 2100+ "B", using
silver conductive paint to bridge the contact points! Voila, instant 2700+
with 333fsb! :-)

You'll also find details on how to do it at www.amdforums.com :-)

JKBK
July 26th 03, 05:34 AM
Sorry about the link ...I tested it before I posted it but these things
happen. Jeff