PDA

View Full Version : Somehow I am unable to use IDE 1 on my 8IEXP v2.1 what happened ??

Andy Louie
July 24th 03, 09:29 PM
Help is needed if possible. Thanks again. When I put the drive on IDE
1 it does not pick up Windows 2000 to boot only when I put it in IDE 2
or secondary does it work..advise please.

Muttley
July 25th 03, 08:06 AM
Are all the onboard IDE ports enabled in the BIOS?

Is the BIOS configured to Autodetect the drives on IDE 1 or is the drive
config manually setup in the BIOS as required?

Has it worked on IDE1 before?

Is the drive jumpered correctly?

Is there another device on IDE1 - If so, is it jumpered correctly?

John S.

om...