PDA

View Full Version : G A-8PE667 Newbie

TMTupper
July 24th 03, 01:57 PM
I bought this board used, I have never tried Gigabyte before. I was a little
confused when the system booted up and said Ram 266, when I have DDR 333 on
the board, I could not figure out if i could change it.

A friend said that the CPU I was using, a 400mhz FSB, will not allow the ram
to run at 333, thats whay the board posted it at 266.

Can someone clarify this point?

Also, I may upgrade to 800mhz bus, what board with LAN, ATA 133 and NIC
would you readers reccomend.

Thanks in advance!

Terry

Udo Kammer
July 24th 03, 06:44 PM
>A friend said that the CPU I was using, a 400mhz FSB, will not allow the ram
>to run at 333, thats whay the board posted it at 266.
>
>Can someone clarify this point?

CPU with FSB400 will allow 266 and the CPU with FSB533 will allow 333.
You may download a manual for your board from Gigabyte.

http://tw.giga-byte.com/Download/Download.asp?DownloadPath=/MotherBoard/FileList/Manual/manual_8pe667_e.pdf

Udo

TMTupper
July 24th 03, 07:58 PM