PDA

View Full Version : 8KNXP and Intel Application Accelerator

Greg
July 24th 03, 07:21 AM
Is anyone using Intel Application Accelerator with the 8KNXP? I have read
elsewhere that people had it installed so I went to Intel to download it and
their page says the 875p is not compatible with it. My system is running
fine without it, should I install it, if so what version? Thanks.

JerrDude
July 24th 03, 09:34 PM
"Ken" > wrote in message >...
> Nup i dont install that with my 8KNXP. Dont htink you can with this board.
> Only older chipsets. Just the intel chipset software thats on the cd.
>
> Ken
>

> "Greg" > wrote in message
> > Is anyone using Intel Application Accelerator with the 8KNXP? I have read
> > elsewhere that people had it installed so I went to Intel to download it
> and
> > their page says the 875p is not compatible with it. My system is running
> > fine without it, should I install it, if so what version? Thanks.

> > -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Intel has a RAID Appilication Accelerator, but for some reason no
regular IAA. I guess maybe they figure that PAT is the new IAA. But
the 865 doesn't have either, so I don't know why.

Ernest
July 25th 03, 04:28 AM
The Intel App Accel program was for 845/850 chipset units. I have not seen
it used for any 865/875 chipsets. Later, Ernest

"Greg" > wrote in message
> Is anyone using Intel Application Accelerator with the 8KNXP? I have read
> elsewhere that people had it installed so I went to Intel to download it
and
> their page says the 875p is not compatible with it. My system is running
> fine without it, should I install it, if so what version? Thanks.

> -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

July 25th 03, 04:59 AM
I enabled the Intel RAID controller on this motherboard, and then it
let me install the Intel RAID Accelerator on the cdrom. I'm not even
using it in RAID mode! Which leads me to believe, the Application
Accelerator is built into the RAID Accelerator. I may be wrong
though. Look on the Intel site to be sure.

Nobody