PDA

View Full Version : Re: HDD Led indicator Stays on Constantly

Gary Seven
July 24th 03, 12:29 AM
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:27:47 -0400, Gary Seven
> wrote:

>I have a GA-8IK1100, with a Pacific Digital DVD rom on it. The HDD
>LED stays on constantly. I upgraded the BIOS to F6 with no problems
>and no change. Is there anything I can do?

OK, I seem to have fixed it by accident. I was fooling around with
the position of each drive, thinking it didn't like two optical drives
on one cable. It stayed on when I had the HD at Master, DVD as slave,
the the CD-RW drive as the lone master on channel 2. Same thing. HDD
light stayed on. So I put everything back, but put the DBD on the
bottom 5.25' bay thus putting in a different position on the cable.
Now I have the DVDrom as master, CD-RW as slave on channel 2 and the
HD as the lone master on channel 1, and the HDD works as expected.
So, those of you googeling for "HDD light stays on when I installed a
DVD" I hope this helps.