PDA

View Full Version : GA-8KNXP & motherboard monitor?

Ken
July 23rd 03, 10:50 PM
What other motherboard monitor prog do people use for this board? The
easy4tune prog that comes with it wont load on this machine. So have to use
another one.

Ken

Bob Davis
July 24th 03, 04:06 AM
Ditto here. I tried the version on the CD, then another than Gigabyte tech
support sent me, and neither worked. I gave up and loaded Motherboard
Monitor v5.3.3.0, which works very well and uses few resources when
monitoring. It is freeware and can be downloaded at
http://mbm.livewiredev.com/
I don't know what else Easytune4 does so I may be missing something.

Call or email GB tech support and complain, as this way maybe they'll get
the message that it doesn't work on all machines. I thought I was alone, as
you and I are the only ones I'm aware of that have failed to get it running.

"Ken" > wrote in message
u...
> What other motherboard monitor prog do people use for this board? The
> easy4tune prog that comes with it wont load on this machine. So have to
use
> another one.
>
> Ken

Ken
July 24th 03, 04:46 AM
Someone since told me that it probably bios related. I did install F6E Since
then it stopped working. But i switched to backup bios that still had F5 on
it and still didnt work. Might re flash F5 again to see if it fixes it one
day. Cant be bothered at the moment. Thanks for link.

Ken

"Bob Davis" > wrote in message
.. .

> Ditto here. I tried the version on the CD, then another than Gigabyte
tech
> support sent me, and neither worked. I gave up and loaded Motherboard
> Monitor v5.3.3.0, which works very well and uses few resources when
> monitoring. It is freeware and can be downloaded at
> http://mbm.livewiredev.com/
> I don't know what else Easytune4 does so I may be missing something.
>
> Call or email GB tech support and complain, as this way maybe they'll get
> the message that it doesn't work on all machines. I thought I was alone,
as
> you and I are the only ones I'm aware of that have failed to get it
running.

> "Ken" > wrote in message
> u...
> > What other motherboard monitor prog do people use for this board? The
> > easy4tune prog that comes with it wont load on this machine. So have to
> use
> > another one.
> >
> > Ken

Timothy Drouillard
July 24th 03, 07:23 AM
I just use the plug-in module for rhe Microsoft Management Console that
Gigabyte provides on the CD.
The only problem is with the Power Supply Fan speed.
My Antec Truepower 430 watt PS's fan only spins (or indicates) normally
around 1400-1500rpm which is under the low limit of 2000 as indicated in
mmc, so I just ignore that.

I usually just want to keep an eye on the cpu temp.

"Bob Davis" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Ken" > wrote in message
> u...
>
> > Someone since told me that it probably bios related. I did install F6E
> Since
> > then it stopped working. But i switched to backup bios that still had F5
> on
> > it and still didnt work. Might re flash F5 again to see if it fixes it
one
> > day. Cant be bothered at the moment. Thanks for link.
>
> It isn't that important to me, so I quit futzing with it.

Ken
July 24th 03, 08:05 AM
ahh thanks mate thats why it wouldnt load. I installed easy4tune but not the
utility manager. Now it works :)

Ken

"Timothy Drouillard" > wrote in message
> I just use the plug-in module for rhe Microsoft Management Console that
> Gigabyte provides on the CD.
> The only problem is with the Power Supply Fan speed.
> My Antec Truepower 430 watt PS's fan only spins (or indicates) normally
> around 1400-1500rpm which is under the low limit of 2000 as indicated in
> mmc, so I just ignore that.
>
> I usually just want to keep an eye on the cpu temp.
>
> "Bob Davis" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >
> > "Ken" > wrote in message
> > u...
> >
> > > Someone since told me that it probably bios related. I did install F6E
> > Since
> > > then it stopped working. But i switched to backup bios that still had
F5
> > on
> > > it and still didnt work. Might re flash F5 again to see if it fixes it
> one
> > > day. Cant be bothered at the moment. Thanks for link.
> >
> > It isn't that important to me, so I quit futzing with it.

Ken
July 24th 03, 11:28 PM
Both system temps? You mean easy4tune vs mbm?. Both have been within a
degree of each other most of the time. Both temps have been fluctuating
depending on what im doing. Will go up when i load a game. Tho the temp
difference on mbm between cpu & case is to0 close to each other for what i
think it should be. At the moment its 29 for cpu & 26 for case. Its open at
the moment & its early in morning & about 14 deg here in house at the
moment. Its winter here. cpu temp in windows shows between 5 to 10 lower
than in bios. Not sure why that is.

Ken

"Bob Davis" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Ken" > wrote in message
> u...
>
> > Both motherboard monitor & easy4tune registering same temp which is nice
> > see
>

> Question: Do you see the bios reporting 25C for both system-temp
readouts?
> Mine shows 25 and never moves.

Timothy Drouillard
July 25th 03, 01:04 AM
That's what I was seeing even after checking the MBM's web site list of
motherboards and finding the 8KNXP listed and making sure i was using the
same sensors listed there.

That's when I finially decided just to use Gigagyte's plug-in module for
Microsoft's management console (mmc.exe)

It showes me all I wanted to see. The fan speeds and the CPU temp.

"Bob Davis" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Ken" > wrote in message
> u...
>
> > Both motherboard monitor & easy4tune registering same temp which is nice
> > see
>

> Question: Do you see the bios reporting 25C for both system-temp
readouts?
> Mine shows 25 and never moves.

Tim
July 27th 03, 03:59 AM
According to the mbm site mentioned, these are the settings for CPU and n/b.

CPU ITE8712F-3 diode.
N Bridge ITE8712F-1

My readings are sensible and seem to reflect well on what is happening
although I have no real idea of there accuracy.

IE CPU 39 idle - 45 or more when busy, N Bridge 25.
The intel chip & sensor seems to have a very low latency. Temps go up
rapidly and down rapidly.
Most of the voltage readins (EG 5v) are garbage.

- Tim

"Timothy Drouillard" > wrote in message
> That's what I was seeing even after checking the MBM's web site list of
> motherboards and finding the 8KNXP listed and making sure i was using the
> same sensors listed there.
>
> That's when I finially decided just to use Gigagyte's plug-in module for
> Microsoft's management console (mmc.exe)
>
> It showes me all I wanted to see. The fan speeds and the CPU temp.
>
> "Bob Davis" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >
> > "Ken" > wrote in message
> > u...
> >
> > > Both motherboard monitor & easy4tune registering same temp which is
nice
> > > see
> >

> > Question: Do you see the bios reporting 25C for both system-temp
> readouts?
> > Mine shows 25 and never moves.

Tim
July 31st 03, 02:36 AM
I'll keep an eye on it.
It says 25 degress all the time.
Lets hope this is fixed with the next bios version...

- Tim

. ..