PDA

View Full Version : Re: SinXP1394: Switching Raid Controllers

Matt
July 20th 03, 12:15 AM
"Roger Zoul" > wrote in message
> What info is written to a RAID array to make it work?
>
> The reason I ask: I'm currently running a Raid 1 array on the ITE IDE Raid
> controller on my Gigabyte SinXP1394. I'd like to switch it to Silicon
Image
> SATA Raid.

SATA/PATA RAID- It's all ubiquitous. Just go ahead and move the drives. Same
setup. RAID has a way to write the info to the first and last disk so that
all RAID controllers will read the disks with. The SI controller wlll
recognize it the same way as the ITE one will.