PDA

View Full Version : Re: GA7VAXP Ultra bootup problems with raid?

Matt
July 19th 03, 06:01 PM
"John Constable" > wrote in message
> ....and 2000 pro
>
> "John Constable" > wrote in message
> > I have a GA7VAX Ultra with an AMD 2600 XP.
> >
> > On bootup I get a wait with the message 'DETECTING' and then 'MBU 133
> > PDC20276 BIOS IS NOT INSTALLED BECAUSE THERE ARE NO DRIVES ATTACHED'.
> >
> > Have I got some settings wrong? I only have one hard drive and I don't
> > intend to be using the RAID facility.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > jc

What you need to do is change the BIOS to start from ATA not RAID. There is
a setting in there to use the PDC20276 as an ATA controller and not a RAID
controller.

Matt

John Constable
July 19th 03, 07:29 PM
Is that the 'Serial ATA Function' RAID/BASE thing?

The RAID CONTROLLER FUNCTION is already set to ATA.

news:[email protected]