PDA

View Full Version : Re: P4 3GHz FSB 800 on 8INXP

Gerd Jakobs
July 17th 03, 08:54 AM
Richard Dower wrote:
> "Gerd Jakobs" > wrote in message
>
>> Question on Richard is, wich kind of RAM are you using?
>
> I am using the Corsair TwinX 3200LLPT, 2x256MB.
>

> Think this must
>> me best Quality for overclocking like Corsair or Infinion for best
>> RAM-Timing-Performance. IMO "Low Coast" Pieces won't fit there.
>
> Corsair have PC3700 dual channel kits out now, they are actually
> cheaper then the twin pack i bought.
>
> Don't you hate when that happens ?
> :(

Sure, but that's Computer-Life, every 30 Minutes a brand new must have
inovation ;-)
The question all of that is: who really needs that power which a actual
PC got?
It's like a 500 PS Porsche which could drive 330 km/h, on wich highway
could you really drive so fast?

Richard Dower
July 19th 03, 05:31 PM
"Gerd Jakobs" > wrote in message

> Sure, but that's Computer-Life, every 30 Minutes a brand new must have
> inovation ;-)
> The question all of that is: who really needs that power which a actual
> PC got?
> It's like a 500 PS Porsche which could drive 330 km/h, on wich highway
> could you really drive so fast?

The PC3700 affords you some headroom, you have the space to o/c should one
choose to do so. But....DDR500 is due quite soon.

Thus i would wait and see about that memory, no doubt DDR600 will be due in
2004.