PDA

View Full Version : Re: Mouse Cursor dissapears after reboot

Frans Groot
July 19th 03, 07:59 AM
Gary Seven > wrote:

>On Windows 2000 with SP4 when I reboot the moist cursor doesn't come
>back. this only happens when I Go to Start, then shutdown, and hit
>restart. If I actually shut off the PC, and turn it back on its
>there. I am using a Logitech USB optical mouse, and a Gigabyte
>motherboard. For some reason the mouse will not work with the PS2
>adapter no matter what.

Hi,
Please check the BIOS settings here. In the BIOS is a setting to
disable/enable the PS2 USB mouse support.
Suc6
Frans

Frans Groot
July 21st 03, 07:00 PM
Gary Seven > wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 06:59:16 GMT, Frans Groot >
>wrote:
>
>>Gary Seven > wrote:
>>
>>>On Windows 2000 with SP4 when I reboot the moist cursor doesn't come
>>>back. this only happens when I Go to Start, then shutdown, and hit
>>>restart. If I actually shut off the PC, and turn it back on its
>>>there. I am using a Logitech USB optical mouse, and a Gigabyte
>>>motherboard. For some reason the mouse will not work with the PS2
>>>adapter no matter what.
>>
>>Hi,
>>Please check the BIOS settings here. In the BIOS is a setting to
>>disable/enable the PS2 USB mouse support.
>>Suc6
>>Frans
>

>I checked the bios and there's nothing about USB mice.
>I installed Mouseware from logitech and still no luck.

Gary, plse have a look again in your bios:,

section Integrated Peripherals,
scroll down the list and you will find there settings concerning your
USB:
1. USB Controller
2. USB 2.0 Controller
3. USB Keyboard Support
4. USB MOUSE Support

In my manual on page 47 (GA8-KNXP)
I have my mouse in Com1, so I have disabled USB Mouse Support.
Suc6
Frans

Sue McCartin
July 26th 03, 03:47 AM
I've got a Logitech MX500 mouse that constantly dissappears, it's worse with
the logitech drivers than with the stock ms drivers. I've also got an older
logitech dual sensor optical that doesn't do this at all, works perfect.
Unlike you, when it decides to drop out it does it all the time, not just on
a soft reset. It sounds to me like you've got a driver conflict of some
kind. I'd take the logitech drivers and mouseware off there and just use
the ms stock drivers, that's when I have the best luck with logitech
mice.You may also want to be sure you've got all the latest drivers for
every toy, the latest 4 in one for your chipset and run a registry cleaner
to get rid of some of the errors that usually build up in the registry just
from using the machine and loading stuff onto it.