PDA

View Full Version : Re: HELP...GA-7N400 Pro has VERY SLOW P.O.S.T.

Matt
July 8th 03, 12:46 AM
"Andrew K." > wrote in message
> I've tried 2 GA-7N400 Pro boards. After booting a few times, they tend to
> take 2-3 minutes to move from the CPU identification to the RAM check.
After
> that, the boards boot fine. But, it is pretty annoying to wait up to 3
> minutes for a reboot (warm or cold). Windows XP Pro runs fine.
>
> I'm using bios version F9. The rest of the system contains: Radeon
> 9700-based video card, 512x2 Crucial PC2700 RAM (single channel), and 2
> Maxtor 120gb IDE HDs in a RAID mirror array.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

In a RAID config your gonna have a slow POST no matter what. My GA7VAXP
takes 1-2 minutes depending if I press ESC a bunch of times to skip the RAID
check. Have you tried that?

Andrew K.
July 11th 03, 03:49 AM
My system is slow in the P.O.S.T. way before getting to the RAID setup/boot.
That part works fine. Mine is painfully slow between the CPU identification
and the memory check right at the start of the whole P.O.S.T. process.

As far as the RAID array, I've disabled the SATA controller since I'm only
using the IDE raid controller.

Thanks, though.
Andrew
news:[email protected]