PDA

View Full Version : Re: BSOD

sig666
July 6th 03, 10:39 PM
Your problem is probably a Device and/or Driver.
I would start by taking a long look at the Creative Sound Card. Such as
uninstalling it and the related Software. Also try putting it in another
PCI slot. I would pop the Creative down to slot 4.
Also Creative cards have problems with XP's virtual IRQ's. So IRQ
21,22,23 should be avoided for Creative sound cards.
Good luck.
=================
MiniDisc_2k2 wrote:

> Okay, I've been getting this error about once a month, after I come out of
> standby (S3, a.k.a. STR). It doesn't say any error message like the other
> BSOD screens I've seen, such as IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or something like
> that. All it does is have those annoying hexidecimal codes. Here's my system
> stats:
>
> Gigabyte GA-8SQ800
> Pentium 4 Northwood
> Speed rated 2.4GHz, running 2.95GHz
> FSB rated 533MHz, running 656MHZ
> System Bus rated 133MHz, running 164MHz
> VCore rated 1.55V, running 1.675V
> 1x256 Corsair High-Quality Ram
> Speed rated DDR400 running DDR410
> BFG Asylum (GeForce4 MX440-SE) 64MB DDR in PCI 1
> Creative SoundBlaster PCI512 in PCI 2
> Linksys Instant PCI Wireless Networking Card in PCI3
> PCI 4/5 empty
> AGP 4x/8x empty
> 1x Maxtor 80GB, 7200RPM, 8MB Cache, ATA/133 on Primary Master (CS)
> 1x Generic 56x CD-ROM on Secondary Master (CS)
> 1x Generic 3.5" 1.44MB Floppy Drive on Floppy Connector
> 1x Yamaha CRW3200UXZ (USB 2.0 CD-RW, 24x/10x/40x)
>
> The hexidecimal codes I'm getting are:
>
> ***STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x80515F86, 0xF9E6CC0C, 0xF9E6C906)
>
> What does this mean? Is there any website that can tell me what these codes
> mean? How can I fix the problem? It's not extremely annoying, as I save all
> of my data before going into standby anyways so I does no harm, but I'd like
> to get it resolved. Also, it only happens about once a month so it's no big
> deal, but it's still bugging me.
>
> Thanks for any help
> --
> MiniDisc_2k2
> To reply via e-mail, replace nospam.com with cox dot net.

MiniDisc_2k2
July 8th 03, 05:00 PM
"sig666" > wrote in message
> Your problem is probably a Device and/or Driver.
> I would start by taking a long look at the Creative Sound Card. Such as
> uninstalling it and the related Software. Also try putting it in another
> PCI slot. I would pop the Creative down to slot 4.
> Also Creative cards have problems with XP's virtual IRQ's. So IRQ
> 21,22,23 should be avoided for Creative sound cards.
> Good luck.
> MiniDisc_2k2 wrote:

[snip]

Thanks for the advice, but please don't top post.

Sir Pudgie
July 9th 03, 01:33 AM
> Thanks for the advice, but please don't top post.

You've got no right to be pedantic about usenet etiquette mate, when you're
asking for, and being given help!