PDA

View Full Version : Better Forum for nVidia

W[_3_]
January 14th 14, 04:32 AM
The traffic in this group is way down from its previous levels. Is there a
better place to use for nVidia forum support these days?

Paul
January 14th 14, 06:30 AM
On 1/13/2014 10:32 PM, W wrote:
> The traffic in this group is way down from its previous levels. Is there a
> better place to use for nVidia forum support these days?

https://forums.geforce.com/ ???

Paul

Ant[_3_]
January 14th 14, 09:40 AM
On 1/13/2014 9:30 PM PT, Paul typed:

>> The traffic in this group is way down from its previous levels. Is
>> there a
>> better place to use for nVidia forum support these days?
>
> https://forums.geforce.com/ ???

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/ as well. Newsgroups aren't hot as they
used to be. :(
--
"If someone makes you angry, I think the thing to do is tie them down to
the ground, cover them in honey, and then release a swarm of killer ants

January 14th 14, 08:36 PM
>On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 00:30:58 -0500, Paul > wrote:

>On 1/13/2014 10:32 PM, W wrote:
>> The traffic in this group is way down from its previous levels. Is there a
>> better place to use for nVidia forum support these days?
>>

>https://forums.geforce.com/ ???
>
> Paul

Paul,
When I go to the above site, I get the following warning that

"The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet
valid"

What is the cause of this and is it safe to proceed?

charliec

Paul
January 14th 14, 10:05 PM
On 1/14/2014 2:36 PM, wrote:
>> On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 00:30:58 -0500, Paul > wrote:
>
>> On 1/13/2014 10:32 PM, W wrote:
>>> The traffic in this group is way down from its previous levels. Is there a
>>> better place to use for nVidia forum support these days?
>>>

>> https://forums.geforce.com/ ???
>>
>> Paul
>
> Paul,
> When I go to the above site, I get the following warning that
>
> "The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet
> valid"
>
> What is the cause of this and is it safe to proceed?
>
> charliec

Works in Firefox, Seamonkey, and IE11. No problems.
These are recent versions, loaded on Windows 8.1.

Your browser might be the problem, somehow.

Paul

January 14th 14, 10:46 PM
>On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 16:05:56 -0500, Paul > wrote:

>On 1/14/2014 2:36 PM, wrote:

>>> https://forums.geforce.com/ ???
>>>
>>> Paul
>>
>> Paul,
>> When I go to the above site, I get the following warning that
>>
>> "The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet
>> valid"
>>
>> What is the cause of this and is it safe to proceed?
>>
>> charliec
>>

>Works in Firefox, Seamonkey, and IE11. No problems.
>These are recent versions, loaded on Windows 8.1.
>
>Your browser might be the problem, somehow.
>
> Paul

I'm on Win7, 64bit - and IEv10 - I don't get this with other sites, just this
one?

charliec

Paul
January 15th 14, 12:22 AM
On 1/14/2014 4:46 PM, wrote:

>>> Paul,
>>> When I go to the above site, I get the following warning that
>>>
>>> "The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet
>>> valid"
>>>
>>> What is the cause of this and is it safe to proceed?
>>>
>>> charliec
>>>

>> Works in Firefox, Seamonkey, and IE11. No problems.
>> These are recent versions, loaded on Windows 8.1.
>>
>> Your browser might be the problem, somehow.
>>
>> Paul
>
> I'm on Win7, 64bit - and IEv10 - I don't get this with other sites, just this
> one?
>
> charliec

The browser has a lock icon (somewhere). On one browser, it was to
the left of the URL entry line. On a second browser, it was in the
lower right hand corner of the browser window.

Accessing the lock icon, gives a "view certificate" thing. It shows
the certificate my browser apparently accepted to make the SSL session.

Here, shows the certificate that NVidia is using for their forum SSL
connection.

http://i43.tinypic.com/fp5t8l.gif

As I don't know what certificates are, how you can force the browser
to eat them and so on, I can't help more than that.

Paul

Le Forgeron[_2_]
January 15th 14, 09:20 PM
Le 15/01/2014 00:22, Paul nous fit lire :
> On 1/14/2014 4:46 PM, wrote:

>>> Works in Firefox, Seamonkey, and IE11. No problems.
>>> These are recent versions, loaded on Windows 8.1.
>>>
>>> Your browser might be the problem, somehow.
>>>
>>> Paul
>>
>> I'm on Win7, 64bit - and IEv10 - I don't get this with other sites,
>> just this
>> one?
>>
>> charliec
>>

> The browser has a lock icon (somewhere). On one browser, it was to
> the left of the URL entry line. On a second browser, it was in the
> lower right hand corner of the browser window.
>
> Accessing the lock icon, gives a "view certificate" thing. It shows
> the certificate my browser apparently accepted to make the SSL session.
>
> Here, shows the certificate that NVidia is using for their forum SSL
> connection.
>
> http://i43.tinypic.com/fp5t8l.gif
>
> As I don't know what certificates are, how you can force the browser
> to eat them and so on, I can't help more than that.
>
> Paul

The certificate is ok, but some browser might not trust the signer.
The chains are Nvidia--RapidSSl--GeoTrust and
Nvidia--RapidSSL--GeoTrust--Equifax

Nevertheless, they use RC4 on TLS, and it's broken.
(and they honor client-initiated renegotiation, which is nice for
browsers but open the server to DoS attack)

I used the extension CipherFox on firefox to retrieve a synthetic view
of the chain. The certificate got a global A rating.

Paul
January 15th 14, 09:30 PM
wrote:

>>> Paul,
>>> When I go to the above site, I get the following warning that
>>>
>>> "The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet
>>> valid"
>>>
>>> What is the cause of this and is it safe to proceed?
>>>
>>> charliec
>>>
>> Works in Firefox, Seamonkey, and IE11. No problems.
>> These are recent versions, loaded on Windows 8.1.
>>
>> Your browser might be the problem, somehow.
>>
>> Paul
>
> I'm on Win7, 64bit - and IEv10 - I don't get this with other sites, just this
> one?
>
> charliec

The dates I saw listed on the certificate seemed to be OK.
So I don't know why your error message is suggesting rejection
based on date.

Paul

Ant[_3_]
January 16th 14, 06:32 AM
On 1/14/2014 11:36 AM PT, typed:

>> https://forums.geforce.com/ ???
>
> Paul,
> When I go to the above site, I get the following warning that
>
> "The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet
> valid"
>
> What is the cause of this and is it safe to proceed?

Is your computer's date correct? Can you try another web browser?
--
"This isn't a war. It never was a war, any more than there's war between
man and ants." --artilleryman from H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds

DevilsPGD[_5_]
January 16th 14, 08:04 AM
In the last episode of >,
said:

>I'm on Win7, 64bit - and IEv10 - I don't get this with other sites, just this
>one?

Are you behind on your Windows Updates? Specifically, root certificate
updates?

--
Oh well, I guess this is just going to be one of those lifetimes.

January 16th 14, 08:12 PM
>On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 21:32:56 -0800, Ant > wrote:

>On 1/14/2014 11:36 AM PT, typed:
>
> >> https://forums.geforce.com/ ???
>>
>> Paul,
>> When I go to the above site, I get the following warning that
>>
>> "The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet
>> valid"
>>
>> What is the cause of this and is it safe to proceed?
>
>Is your computer's date correct? Can you try another web browser?

Computer date is correct - I have no other browser!

January 16th 14, 08:13 PM

said:

>>I'm on Win7, 64bit - and IEv10 - I don't get this with other sites, just this
>>one?
>
>Are you behind on your Windows Updates? Specifically, root certificate
>updates?

Yes, I am completely update with the Windows Updates - I always install them
when presented.

David W. Hodgins
January 17th 14, 12:49 AM
On Thu, 16 Jan 2014 14:13:35 -0500, > wrote:

> Yes, I am completely update with the Windows Updates - I always install them
> when presented.

For some really dumb reason, Microsoft considers rootcert updates to
be optional. Run Windows Update, and check install all of the optional
updates (except the bing desktop search, which I always right click on,
and select hide update).

Regards, Dave Hodgins

Ant[_3_]
January 18th 14, 07:08 AM
On 1/16/2014 3:49 PM PT, David W. Hodgins typed:

> For some really dumb reason, Microsoft considers rootcert updates to
> be optional. Run Windows Update, and check install all of the optional
> updates (except the bing desktop search, which I always right click on,
> and select hide update).

Yeah, I never understood that.
--
"..., you ready for a little dumpster diving?" "Um... okay." "You know I
don't mind getting my hands dirty." "I mean, maggots, wet trash, I am

Ant[_3_]
January 18th 14, 07:08 AM
On 1/16/2014 11:12 AM PT, typed:

>>> Paul,
>>> When I go to the above site, I get the following warning that
>>>
>>> "The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet
>>> valid"
>>>
>>> What is the cause of this and is it safe to proceed?
>>
>> Is your computer's date correct? Can you try another web browser?
>
> Computer date is correct - I have no other browser!

Install another one! Try Firefox or Chrome.
--
"..., you ready for a little dumpster diving?" "Um... okay." "You know I
don't mind getting my hands dirty." "I mean, maggots, wet trash, I am
the first one in." "Okay, so what are you waiting for?" "Ants."
(Chuckles) "Ants?" "Yes, I have got a problem with ants." "They are
sneaky, and they are mobile, and when they get on you, even if you get
them off..." "Okay, Calleigh, chill." --CSI: Miami (Wannabe episode; #218)
| |o o| |

Paul
January 18th 14, 08:29 AM
wrote:
>> On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 21:32:56 -0800, Ant > wrote:
>
>> On 1/14/2014 11:36 AM PT, typed:

>>> Paul,
>>> When I go to the above site, I get the following warning that
>>>
>>> "The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet
>>> valid"
>>>
>>> What is the cause of this and is it safe to proceed?
>> Is your computer's date correct? Can you try another web browser?
>
> Computer date is correct - I have no other browser!

If you're not running multiple browsers,
you're not one of the "cool kids" :-)

Internet Explorer (almost never, it runs my router interface)
Firefox (main browser)
Seamonkey (it's the browser that has the Flash plugin enabled
it is disabled in the other browsers)
Opera (rarely)

Chrome? (not with a barge pole)

Paul