PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Install GEForce Drivers on Windows 2003 Server?

W[_3_]
December 13th 13, 03:17 AM
Windows 2003 is the server version of Windows XP. We have never had any
problem installing GEForce drivers for Windows XP on Windows 2003. Today
we tried to install a GT430 on a Dell Precision 380 running Windows 2003
Server. Soon after starting, the installer fails and complains that it can
only work on Windows XP SP3.

Is there any way to get this card to work on Windows 2003 Server? It's
beyond totally insane that nVidia would try to micromanage the versions they
run on like this. There are many many people who have programmers and
power users run the server edition as their personal workstation. It's
utterly frustrating to be micromanaged like this. In any case, do we have
any options, maybe with an older version of the drivers?