PDA

View Full Version : do 2560x1080 displays have an alphabetic *GA name yet?

BW[_4_]
April 14th 13, 04:59 AM
Most resolutions have a designation such as WXGA, QXGA, WSVGA, HD et
cetera.
I have only seen the 2580x1080 referred to as "wide HD" or "ultrawide"
in some reviews
and adverts.
Has VESA or whoever given up assigning names to these things?

Paul
April 14th 13, 09:17 AM
BW wrote:
> Most resolutions have a designation such as WXGA, QXGA, WSVGA, HD et
> cetera.
> I have only seen the 2580x1080 referred to as "wide HD" or "ultrawide"
> in some reviews
> and adverts.
> Has VESA or whoever given up assigning names to these things?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_display_resolution

"...and UW-UXGA that has 25601080 pixels"

At first I thought maybe Wikipedia made it up, but I can see products
with it. And Dell made a monitor too, although they didn't mention UWUXGA
in their blurb.

http://www.mea.philips.com/c/televisions/cinema-219-56-inch-full-hd-1080p-digital-tv-56pfl9954h_12/prd/?t=specifications

Paul