PDA

View Full Version : Temperature GT240

Bill[_17_]
January 22nd 11, 04:35 PM
Just changed out old card for the PNY 240 and all seems well. Not into heavy
gaming except for FSX

According to nvidia inspector the card is idling at 53-57C , fan 35%.

Cant seem to come up with a definitive answer via google to determine if
this is normal? I haven't fired up FSX yet to see how much higher it goes
but I guess it will jump a bit more

I am running the card with two LCDs and vista 32bit

Thanks for any input
Bill

deimos[_2_]
January 23rd 11, 08:10 PM
On 1/22/2011 9:35 AM, Bill wrote:
> Just changed out old card for the PNY 240 and all seems well. Not into heavy
> gaming except for FSX
>
> According to nvidia inspector the card is idling at 53-57C , fan 35%.
>
> Cant seem to come up with a definitive answer via google to determine if
> this is normal? I haven't fired up FSX yet to see how much higher it goes
> but I guess it will jump a bit more
>
> I am running the card with two LCDs and vista 32bit
>
> Thanks for any input
> Bill

Perfectly normal depending on your ambient case temp and environment.
For reference, in a house that stays about 72-74F most of the year; my
old system with a 9800GTX+ idled at approx 55C; and the fan duty cycle
was rated at 40%. The 9800GTX was basically the same chip at the 240;
and clocked higher.

If it goes beyond 72-75C under load, then you might want to consider
rearranging your case for optimal air cooling, but otherwise don't worry.

Bill[_17_]
January 24th 11, 12:38 PM
"deimos" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On 1/22/2011 9:35 AM, Bill wrote:
>> Just changed out old card for the PNY 240 and all seems well. Not into
>> heavy
>> gaming except for FSX
>>
>> According to nvidia inspector the card is idling at 53-57C , fan 35%.
>>
>> Cant seem to come up with a definitive answer via google to determine if
>> this is normal? I haven't fired up FSX yet to see how much higher it goes
>> but I guess it will jump a bit more
>>
>> I am running the card with two LCDs and vista 32bit
>>
>> Thanks for any input
>> Bill
>>

> Perfectly normal depending on your ambient case temp and environment. For
> reference, in a house that stays about 72-74F most of the year; my old
> system with a 9800GTX+ idled at approx 55C; and the fan duty cycle was
> rated at 40%. The 9800GTX was basically the same chip at the 240; and
> clocked higher.
>
> If it goes beyond 72-75C under load, then you might want to consider
> rearranging your case for optimal air cooling, but otherwise don't worry.

Thanks for that appreciate the reply. Never used to bother with it till I
got the nvidia inspector. Sometimes too much info isnt good :-)

Bill