PDA

View Full Version : Re: Rocketman the shooter !

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
October 3rd 10, 03:28 PM
"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message news:...
>A better idea for the rockets could be "proximity rockets".
>
> The rocket has a detection cone in front of it like so:
> ____
> ____/
> /
> 8=====>
> \____
> \____
>
> It also has a damage/explosion sphere like so:
>
> _----_
> / \
> | 8====> |
> \ /
> -____-
>
> As long as an enemy is within it's detection cone it will fly onwards...
> hoping to get closer to the target.
>
> When the enemy is within the sphere of damage the rocket makes a decision:
>
> "Should I explode ?" or "Should I fly on for a better target ?"
>
> The rocket checks the sphere and the cone... if it calculates that the
> next target will be closer to itself and therefore absorb more damage the
> rocket will fly on... for example a direct-hit scenerio.
>
> If it's unlikely that the rocket will get any closer to other enemies it

Woops little mistake there, line corrected:

> will detonate near the current enemy in the cone.
will detonate near the current enemy in the sphere. (Could be cone to
though... maybe just check both/all/or a few and see which decision is best
;))

Bye,
Skybuck.