PDA

View Full Version : Slow shutdown after installing latest X-Fi and 7900 GTX drivers.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 8th 10, 09:49 AM
Hello,

I was playing the closed and open beta of Company of Heroes Online and I
decided to install new drivers for the soundcard and videocard in my
computer to be fully up-to-date and maybe it would give some more
performance.

The drivers installed are:

1. SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0013.exe
2. 258.96_desktop_winxp_64bit_english_whql.exe

As expected it caused problems... it's rare not to get problems these days.

The symtomps are as follows:

1. Windows shutdown takes very long.
2. First the GUI does nothing except shutdown a few tray icons.
3. It stops with the connection icon which is still displayed and any other
icons after that.
4. After a minute or so it goes to the shutdown screen and shows something
like:
5. Closing connections.
6. Saving profile settings.

All of which take multiple minutes to complete.

Any other activity I have done is defrag both harddrives a little bit...
other problems with the operating system are a corrupted account/profile...
windows update needs another account but it never had the slow shutdown
problem. Even with high fragmentation (33% to 56%) it would still shutdown
fast.

Now there is no harddisk activity... and it just seems to twiddle it thumbs
and do nothing for a while.

I don't like it and I want it fixed.

I already tried:

1. Disabling the Nvidia tray icon in msconfig.
2. Disabling the nvidia display driver service.

None of which helped so far.

Perhaps I will need to deinstall one of the drivers and install an old one
to see if that helps.

Question is which driver would be responsible for slow shutdown... it's
difficult to diagnose...

Are there any windows xp tools/help options to see a shutdown log ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 8th 10, 09:52 AM
The manual of the nvidia driver said to deinstall NTune... there is indeed
an older version of NTune on my harddrive.

At the time I tried to deinstall it... but no deinstall program available
?!?

Now I come across this message on a nvidia forum which mentions NTune in
connection with a slow shutdown:

http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t28221.html

I also tested X-Fi drivers with 4 GB of RAM.

I think the youtube music video's sounded a bit noisy/crackling... just
slightly... so I switched back to MaxMem = 2GB option.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 8th 10, 10:14 AM
I did a little bit of experimenting myself with accounts... I used a
different account to login/startup and shutdown and the same problem occurs.

So it's not related to windows account/profile problems.

It's quite an annoying problem which already has led to too many resets for
my taste...

I want the problem solved so now I am going to try and remove the nvida
display driver to see if that is indeed the cause of the shutdown problem.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 8th 10, 10:15 AM
First however I am going to delete the ntune files to see what happens... if
they are in used I should get a lock/access violation...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 8th 10, 10:17 AM
Also the ntune and nvidia drivers dissappoint me big time... I was hoping
that temperature information was available like in the very old drivers...

However I have found another tool which does show temperature... just one
tiny little sensor and reading but it's better than nothing the tool is
called
GPU-Z instead of CPU-Z ;)

So now I am going to delete NTUNE and if nothing happens then I remove
NVIDIA display driver as well and simply boot in 640x480 and shutdown in it
to see what happens ;) :)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 8th 10, 10:29 AM
NVidia Display Driver removed.

The problem remains.

I was kinda hoping that it was the display driver.

Other possible causes which are on my mind:

1. X-Fi Soundblaster Driver. (I am going to remove that next)
2. .NET Framework 4.0 which was installed by Company of Heroes Online.
3. Modifications to DirectX9 by Company of Heroes Online.

When 2 and 3 happened I kinda had a bad feeling about it... Same with 1 as
well.

Hopefully it's not 2 and 3... I am used to 1 being buggy but please not 2
and 3...
that's just to much ****.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 8th 10, 10:37 AM
Something interesting happened while trying to deinstall the x-fi audio
driver.

It said something like:

"Cannot stop the X-Fi..."

Then it tried to restart and hang again and I pressed the reset button...
for the 15 time
or so.. I have better things to do with my life than wait for a ****ty
computer to shutdown...
like sleep.

If all went well which it didn't then now the computer should shut down
fast... but I doubt it..

Let's try anyway.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 8th 10, 10:44 AM
I think I have identified the problem.

The problem is indeed with the X-Fi soundblaster driver which I kinda
expected it to be...

Others have warned for laggy sound issue's with that driver... but I have
not seen shutdown
problems being mentioned... well it's probably real... or it was a lucky
shutdown... but I don't
think so it was lightning fast shutdown with the x-fi audio driver.

So now I will go back to my previous X-Fi soundblaster driver which was
probably this version:

SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0008.exe

Or either an even older one:

SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_15_0006.exe

Me gonna try the 0008 one...

Good thing I kept these drivers... ;) :) Since I just cleaned my system a
bit... I think I did
delete something related to drivers... but maybe not...

NVidia also constantly changes installation folders and doesn't have a
custom installation folder
neither does creative... well at least with nvidia I knew which was the
older driver cause the files
stay there or something... at least the unpacked files or something...

With creative I am not sure...

So a little bit more experimentation to come. I am probably close to a
solution.

At least I can probably use the newer display drivers ;) :)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 8th 10, 11:09 AM
Ok,

I think the problem is now solved... and I am pretty glad/happy that I
solved this problem... because it was starting to annoy the **** out of me !
;) :)

NVidia driver back installed...

Older X-Fi driver installed...

It's kinda interesting how the older X-Fi driver did preserve my x-fi
equalizer profiles and how the newer driver seemed to delete it..

So the newer driver is bad in many ways ! ;) :)

Now I have to go find myself a good defragging program or simply use
windows's defrag... because this slow harddisk/file system is slowly also
getting on my tits... and it really needs a defrag... 33% to 56%
fragmented... yeah I would say it needs a defrag...

This will also make my system run faster and ofcourse load COH faster...
since especially COH was fragmented badly... 16.000 fragments just for the
data file hehe.

But but but but but I shouldn't be so hasty... and first do a check disk on
C: and D: because ofcourse I don't want no defragging to take place if the
file system was hit but the memory corruption I had a long time ago... or if
anything else happened to it... especially since all these resets...

So a check disk seems more than wise... and then I shall see if I can find a
nice optimization defragging utility... hopefully without nasty bugs...

And then I'll give my harddisk the long defrag treat... which will probably
take at least 24 hours maybe even up to a week...

I did delete some stuff... 50 GB on each drive... but window's defrag says
it's not really enough... but it could run... but it's kinda strange.. it
wants 15% free... that's a bit much Mr. Defrag ! ;) :)

Man I had to delete my Reptile video's and my Predator vs the iJustine
video's that kinda sucked but I had no choice... I had to give my harddisk
and mr defrag some space to eat and work with... and I rarely used that
stuff anymore and it's just bull****... **** the bull****... I need a fast
system !

And I also delete some old movies... like battlestar raptor and razor and
what not... and ofcourse theeeeee euhm gladiator thing... sparta or
something.. :) I still had those hehe... and some games install files like
quake4... and stuff like that... quake4 install files were fragmented too..

Let me check.. nonono don't worry the game is still on my drive... I don't
like Quake4... but I do like Quake3... but I feel Quake4 is mandatory in
case I ever want to install some new special mod that ever comes ya never
know ?! ;) :) LOL what a bull**** reason perhaps ?!? Maybe not... time will
tell..

I have seen it happen with RTCW ET/True Combat Elite ! ;) That was a pretty
cool/sweet mod... I wouldn't wanna miss out on something that cool ;) :)

But I doubt the plastic like graphics engine of Quake4 will ever have such a
thing ! ;) :) Hihi ;) :)

By the way... I did see an interesting youtube video today it was called:
"MineCraft"...

It looked ****ing cool/awesome... the graphics like really old school...
which took my attention... like what is this ****.. I gotta check it out...

It was almost like quake pixelized big zoom pixels you know...

And it turns out it's some kind of mining game... where you can walk around
with an axe and cut yourself into the depths... like stones/boxes
representing
the earth...

I think the concept is pretty ****ing cool... especially if some quake sauce
is added to the mix...

I am not sure if it's a boring game just ment to construct mines... or if
your supposed to kill one and another... but that last would be preferred !
;) :)

LOL.

None the less I gotta check it out and play it a bit I think... I wanna
place my own torches too ! HIHI =D

And play with the flooding water or flooding lava ?!?!? I am not sure what
that's about but sounds kinda exciting...

And my grand daddy was a miner... so gotta show him some respect and do it
myself too... virtually LOL.

So I don't get dirty ! Eat that grandpa ! ;) :) LOL.

And now you can all go **** off in hell ! YEAH ! =D

Cause I gotta go now do some awesome stuff like usual ! ;)

Byebyebyebybybybbbbbbbye bye,
Skybuck.

P.S.: Company of Heroes Online is pretty sweet... but also highly
addictive... so watch yourself there people ! ;) :) But I got it under
control... after
two weeks of non stop playing or so ! Man it ****ing wrecked my life for a
short period there ! Fricking unbelievable... but it was nice...

Like a big group orgy ! HAHAHAHAHA. Dirty ****er ! LOL.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 9th 10, 05:20 AM
Hmm, changing audio drivers for X-Fi like that is apperently not without
consequences.

During the installation of the older driver it askes if I wanted to
overwrite newer driver files and I said yes.

Now I boot twice and each time the following error message is displayed:

"
EAXModule: DLLML.exe Application Error

The exception unknown software exception (0xC0000005) occured in the
application at location 0x73ed2659.

Click on OK to terminate the program
"

I used to get this error message when I shutdown the system... but now it
pops up when I boot the system...

Weird...

Oh well later I will have to test the sound to see if it's still working or
not...

I don't think I got this message right after driver installation and boot so
it's kinda weird...

Maybe bad fluck of luck or so... or maybe it's because I changed settings in
x-fi console... hmm..

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 18th 10, 11:57 PM
Hmmm... there is no de-install option for the audio driver from 0008...

I am going to try and simply overwrite the current driver with an install
from 0006.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 12:05 AM
Well that didn't work.

Creative Labs has now put me into the position that I have to remove
everything again, and reinstall everything again.

This time I am going to make a copy of the installation CD in case it ever
goes broken otherwise I would be screwed with the next driver
update and same bad stuff happens...

Also then I don't have to go fetch the CD anymore.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 12:10 AM
Hmm interesting,

The soundblaster came with 3 cd's:

1. Installation CD
2. Music Creation Application CD
3. Demo Disc

Gonna try and make a copy of all 3 and install from the iso ;)

Then install 0006 then a little bit more of defrag and then my system should
be good again ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 12:41 AM
Ok,

It took like 3 reboots just to get all Creative Labs stuff off my drive...
could thing I defragged my drives lately ;)

Now I can go install it again.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 12:42 AM
I forgot to mention something, this time I will try to install via the
ISO's/Daemon Tools...

I am curious if it will work... I don't think so.. but maybe it will if the
daemon virtual cd rom driver gets started before the installing
programs reboot starts...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 12:44 AM
Hmm interesting it has a checkbox if I want to install Doom 3 Update for
X-fi...

I think I already installed that... but gonna check it anyway to see what
happens...

So far it seems to be working... no copyright protection bull**** so far...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 12:47 AM
Hmm there are still a lot of left over files after deinstalling
everything...

For now I am gonna leave it on the drive... hopefully it won't interfere
with the installation.

program files/creative yadayada...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 12:52 AM
Yup Doom 3 patch 1.3 is already installed so setup program is gonna exit
now... hehe..

The rest for x-fi was installed so far... first CD/ISO ok so far...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 01:13 AM
Maybe the entire remove was unnecessary but I don't think so...

The update 0006 said it would remove audio console ?!? Does that mean the
same thing as audio drivers ?

Perhaps or perhaps not.

In Add/Remove programs I did see an entry called "Creative Audio Console"...

Perhaps only that needed to be removed and reinstalled but I don't think
so...

The Audio Console is probably the visual interface for volume.

I am gonna restart one last time to see if the common error
message/exception crash is still present on boot which it always did.

The driver 0006 also said it found newer drivers on my drive ?!?

I hope it didn't install those ;)

As long as my shutdown it super slow then I think it didn't use 0013 at
least...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 01:17 AM
Damn,

It has done exactly what I didn't want it to do...

It actually installed the driver from 0008 which I was trying to get rid
of...

It now says the same error message:

"Audio Driver Emulator: DLLML.exe - Application Error"

This is starting to **** me off !

I am now going to remove everything again and then do a manual delete...

Maybe that will get rid of it !

GOD DAMN ****ING RETARDS OVER THERE AT CREATIVE !

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 01:27 AM
This is just terrible even after deleting the program files\creative
folder...

There is still a whole bunch of CT*.* / creative related stuff in the
C:\Windows folder...

Some of those files are from Microsoft like CTFMON.exe...

But most are still from creative...

I am gonna delete most of those files from creative to see if that helps.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 01:34 AM
Well at least I have removed the audio drivers ct*.sys from system32 which
turned up in a search...

Hopefully now everything can be installed up to 0006 and not beyond...

I didn't remove the audio driver from the cd version before installing the
web update... I think it should do that automatically.

But just to be sure I am gonna do that step as well. Maybe it will solve
something.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Tester[_2_]
September 19th 10, 01:41 AM
Skybuck Flying wrote:

> But just to be sure I am gonna do that step as well. Maybe it will solve
> something.

If you want to solve the problem yourself then please refrain from
giving us a running commentary because people are losing the tract of
what exactly is the problem. Only post after you have solved the
problem to let us know the solution. Alternatively, state the problem
and let us, the experts, solve it for you.

Hope this helps.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 01:45 AM
Ohoh...

Maybe I shouldn't have done that...

Maybe I should just have deleted the creative folder but not the *.sys
things in system32...

After installing drivers from cd it cannot detect my soundblaster anymore...

So maybe those *.sys came with the operating system not sure...

Gonna try and remove the audio driver and install update 0006 hopefully that
will restore it.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Tester[_2_]
September 19th 10, 01:49 AM

Skybuck Flying wrote:
> Ohoh...
>
> Maybe I shouldn't have done that...
>
> Maybe I should just have deleted the creative folder but not the *.sys
> things in system32...
>
> After installing drivers from cd it cannot detect my soundblaster anymore...
>
> So maybe those *.sys came with the operating system not sure...
>
> Gonna try and remove the audio driver and install update 0006 hopefully that
> will restore it.
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 01:51 AM
****....

0006 Web Update 5 still says there are newer drivers on the system...

I think it's checking the registry for some kind of creative string or key
or something

GOD DAMN STUPID ****ING RETARDS ARGH !

Siiiggghhhh..

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 01:57 AM
Fortunately somebody might have figured it out already, he writes the
following:

http://nomoregoatsoup.wordpress.com/2007/09/12/how-to-fully-uninstall-creative-vista-drivers-solve-install-problems/

"
This Manual uninstall method is quite complex and isnít suited for most
users. Always backup your valuables, registry etc. If it goes wrong, donít
blame me. Itís worth noting too that UAC should be disabled, in case anyone
out there is crazy enough to be using it. I donít recommend this way -itís
really a last resort thing.
1) Firstly begin by totally uninstalling anything with the Creative tag on
it.
Control Panel > Control Panel Home > Programs > Uninstall a program
2) Next we need to remove any tricky start up entries, again anything
Creative must go.
Control Panel > Control Panel Home > Programs > Change startup programs
3) Now we need to remove Creative registry entries, and thereís quite a few.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Creative Tech
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Creative Tech
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Creative Tech
HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\Software\ASIO
4) Remove these files/folders:
C:\Windows\System32\BMX*.rfx
C:\Windows\System32\Data
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Data *(64-bit only)
C:\Windows\{*.BAK
C:\Windows\{*.CDF *Under Vista, requires additional actions to be
successfully deleted, see below.
C:\Windows\CTDCRES.DLL
C:\Windows\System32\cttele32.dll
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\CTOSS2K.SYS
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\CTSFM2K.SYS
C:\Program Files\Creative (delete whole folder)
C:\Windows\CTXFIRES.DLL
C:\Windows\CTPRES.DLL
C:\Windows\Updreg.EXE
To remove .CDF files, type the following two commands in the Command Prompt
(requires Admin Privileges or UAC disabled)
takeown /f C:\Windows\*.CDF
and
cacls C:\Windows\*.CDF /G User:F
User is your username, which must have admin rights. Answer Y (yes) to
confirm the changes.
Now close the prompt, open Windows Explorer and delete the files with
filenames like these:

{00000005-00000000-00000002-00001102-00000004-20021102}.BAK
{00000005-00000000-00000002-00001102-00000004-20021102}.CDF
After all of this, restart and begin to install your software. I noticed
that after using this method, my Creative driver packages would install much
quicker. It even solved a few little bugs I was having. Bonus.
"

I am gonna give it a try...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 02:22 AM
The audio system is now completely dead, the 0006 update did not install
still reporting that a newer driver was installed.

Windows also says drivers missing or corrupted when I check audio devices.

Fortunately windows help has some advice open device manager and remove the
x-fi audio device and add it again...

I am gonna try this now to see if this helps...

I think this will probably make windows reinstall it's basic creative
drivers which apperently are part of windows itself.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 02:25 AM
Nope that didn't help... not sure what the hell I deleted but it were 5
ct*.sys drivers in system32\drivers which seemed to be from Creative...

Maybe it's time I put the windows xp x64 pro cd in it... maybe it has a
repair option...

Or perhaps trying a remove again, or perhaps installing the buggy drivers
might do the trick but I don't think so...

A websearch for these drivers might also turn up something...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 02:36 AM
Having no sound sux so I reinstalled latest driver 0008_0013 which causes
the slow shutdown...

The driver emulator thing was still crashing on startup.

Creative needs to test their software on Windows XP Pro x64 edition since it
has many issue's...

Maybe they aware of it or maybe not...

Anyway I am gonna give the auto updater a try and do a reboot later to see
if slow shutdown is still a problem afterwards after
all this screwing around.

Hopefully it will not give blue screen of death... but I think it will
probably do that as well if this driver was present all the time
after all.. ?! What a mess.

They need to make new cd which everything on that works on all supported
systems... and not this patch hell.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 03:52 AM
CREATIVE LABS TEST YOUR DRIVERS ON WINDOWS XP x64 PRO before you release
them onto the internet.

You could have saved me a lot of trouble by releasing NOTHING !

Because right now I am back to ZERO.

All of this software installation has been for NOTHING.

The shutdown problem is UNACCEPTABLE.

I shall now remove the audio driver AGAIN.

And install from the ORIGINAL CD's.

If that doesn't work to restore the audio drivers then I will remove
everything AGAIN.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 04:02 AM
A remarkable thing has happened.

I ran the installation program of the original CD...

and surprise surprise...

When I clicked add it displayed a checkbox to indicate that the audio
drivers were not yet installed ?!

How strange...

I removed those audio drivers because the web update said to do so ?!

Apperently that ADVICE IS WRONG.

The software emulator error has disappeared...

The shutdown bug happens as follows:

1. Start COH ONLINE

3. Select Commander.

4. Logoff exit.

5. Shutdown windows.

The shutdown bug won't happen unless a game is played.

I am not sure if it's a COH only problem or general problem.

Therefore I just started Quake 3 and exited.

Now I am going to do a reboot to see if it shuts down slowly again...

If not then I will test COH again.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 04:07 AM
SHUTDOWN BUG REMAINS.

It's definetly not related to COH ?!

I HAVE NO TIME FOR THIS BULL**** !!!!!!!!!!!!

IT SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!

HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS CREATIVE STUFF ?!

IT'S NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO FULLY REMOVE IT !

What a joke !

Get some people from Microsoft to look at your drivers cause this suck more
than they work !

GJEZ.

I have to go find some website now explaining how to remove all this junk
via registy and what not...
and even that doesn't seem to work.

I will think hard if I ever want to deal with your ****ty software ever
again.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 04:09 AM
Just write your own installation program.

Thanks,

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 04:10 AM
Thanks,

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 04:17 AM
Test all combinations, all operating systems and play some games for a long
time thank you,

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 04:20 AM
Thank you,

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 04:30 AM
I deinstalled everything and there is still sound coming from the speakers
?!

Isn't that funny ?!?

All that Creative Labs Software is just BLOATWARE.

All I need is a driver which actually works and doesn't crash while
gaming...

And a nice volume control to change the volume and perhaps test the
speakers.

I only need driver + console or whatever it's called.

Now I am going to install just the console from the original cd's

because I am fed up with this stuff... it's bull****.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_3_]
September 19th 10, 04:44 AM
Ok,

I am now done with this ****ty software, but for the record I will this time
record which audio driver version is being used...

Not that it's very usefull because in the future it will probably be
impossible to go back to it... at least via creative labs software which is
just retarded and doesn't allow falling back on old versions.

Perhaps window's driver rollback option might work... but windows is just as
**** and advertises all kinds of functionality which ultimately don't work
when you need it the most.

For the record the driver version after all this ****ing and messing around
is somehow:

Control Panel, Audio etc:

Creative SB X-Fi, PCI Slot 5 (PCI Bus 4, device 8, function 0)

Driver Date: 6/3/2009
Driver Version: 6.0.1.1373
Digital Signer: Not digitally signed.

Driver details, not gonna retype that crap, implement some copy paste will
ya, retards ?!

100 files or so.

Bye,
Skybuck.

David[_21_]
September 20th 10, 11:09 PM
??Now you know why I stop using creative sound cards and just use the
motherboard built in stuff... so much less hassle.

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
.home.nl...

[...]

September 24th 10, 03:46 AM
For now I press the power button to turn off my computer.

Today I dediced it was serious enough to report it on Creative Labs forum.

It appears I am not the only one with this problem:

http://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-Blaster/X-Fi-driver-2-18-0013-causes-delay-in-OS-system-shutdown/td-p/530368

Far from it it seems.
37 pages of problems with shutdown.