PDA

View Full Version : I hope nVIDIA and AMD will merge.

Maddoctor
July 19th 10, 04:09 PM
Because their aim is to take down Intel.

Jim[_31_]
July 20th 10, 05:36 AM
If you believe the rumors AMD wanted Nvidia instead of ATI but Jen-Hsun
Huang wanted to be CEO which Hector "the sector wreckor" Ruiz said no to.
Unless Larrabee ever comes out I doubt the DoJ would let such a merger
happen though counting intergrated gfx Intel is the largest so it could be
possible.
You would more likely see Nvidia merge with Via so Nvidia can make x86
processors.

Maddoctor
July 22nd 10, 05:08 AM
"Jim" > wrote in message
> If you believe the rumors AMD wanted Nvidia instead of ATI but Jen-Hsun
> Huang wanted to be CEO which Hector "the sector wreckor" Ruiz said no to.
> Unless Larrabee ever comes out I doubt the DoJ would let such a merger
> happen though counting intergrated gfx Intel is the largest so it could be
> possible.
> You would more likely see Nvidia merge with Via so Nvidia can make x86
> processors.

Maddoctor
July 22nd 10, 05:11 AM
I think it is good thing if AMD wants some competition within its FUSION
APUs. AMD processors and nVIDIA GPUs on a chip while AMD has its own ATi
GPUs for APUs.