PDA

View Full Version : COD World at War


Timelord
November 13th 08, 11:19 PM
I have just got this game for PC. I am using Vista 64bit and when i try to
launch the game i get a meaasge saying it had to close and tries to find a
solution. I have installed patch 1.1 but it made no difference.
Any ideas??

Thanks.

Mark[_18_]
November 18th 08, 09:24 PM
Check your sound settings in control panel, anything over dvd quality and
the game wont load.


"timelord" > wrote in message
...
>I have just got this game for PC. I am using Vista 64bit and when i try to
>launch the game i get a meaasge saying it had to close and tries to find a
>solution. I have installed patch 1.1 but it made no difference.
> Any ideas??
>
> Thanks.

Timelord
November 18th 08, 09:47 PM
Thanks for that Mark. It turned out being my Realtek HD on board 7.1 sound
drivers needing to be updated, The thing is though with the latest drivers,
2.07 i think is that there must be a bug as in the settings it shows 5.1 set
up with side speakers and not rear for some reason wheras older drivers
which won't let the game run are correctly configured.
This causes strange sound effects and no amount of messing around can solve
this.

Phil.
"Mark" > wrote in message
...
> Check your sound settings in control panel, anything over dvd quality and
> the game wont load.
>
>
> "timelord" > wrote in message
> ...
>>I have just got this game for PC. I am using Vista 64bit and when i try to
>>launch the game i get a meaasge saying it had to close and tries to find a
>>solution. I have installed patch 1.1 but it made no difference.
>> Any ideas??
>>
>> Thanks.
>

Mark[_18_]
November 19th 08, 10:03 PM
Phil

Have you tried changing the speaker set-up from Comtrol
Panel/Sound/playback/speakers/configure.

M

"timelord" > wrote in message
...
> Thanks for that Mark. It turned out being my Realtek HD on board 7.1
> sound drivers needing to be updated, The thing is though with the latest
> drivers, 2.07 i think is that there must be a bug as in the settings it
> shows 5.1 set up with side speakers and not rear for some reason wheras
> older drivers which won't let the game run are correctly configured.
> This causes strange sound effects and no amount of messing around can
> solve this.
>
> Phil.
> "Mark" > wrote in message
> ...
>> Check your sound settings in control panel, anything over dvd quality and
>> the game wont load.
>>
>>
>> "timelord" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>>I have just got this game for PC. I am using Vista 64bit and when i try
>>>to launch the game i get a meaasge saying it had to close and tries to
>>>find a solution. I have installed patch 1.1 but it made no difference.
>>> Any ideas??
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>
>