PDA

View Full Version : FarCry2 graphics look to black ?

Skybuck Flying[_2_]
October 24th 08, 10:31 AM
Hello,

I just installed FarCry2... I don't like the graphics it's very weird.

Some sections are very bright and lit... while other sections in the same
area seem very dark/black.

It's like the Call of Duty 4 blackness bug all over again ? and yes I did
install the latest driver...

My graphics cards is 7900 GTX.

Oh well, I don't feel so good anyway... not enough sleep ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Rotten Ronny
October 25th 08, 08:22 PM
"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
b.home.nl...
> Hello,
>
> I just installed FarCry2... I don't like the graphics it's very weird.
>
> Some sections are very bright and lit... while other sections in the same
> area seem very dark/black.
>
> It's like the Call of Duty 4 blackness bug all over again ? and yes I did
> install the latest driver...
>
> My graphics cards is 7900 GTX.
>
> Oh well, I don't feel so good anyway... not enough sleep ;)
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

If there is an option in the game to turn off High Dynamic Range then do
that. HDR makes some games look too contrasty, which is what you are
describing.

Skybuck Flying[_2_]
October 26th 08, 06:09 PM
Somehow I don't like the idea of being around nigga's all the time !
:):):):)

Too funny ! :)

Besides the game don't look that good... at least not on my system ;)

Bye,
Skybuck =D

deimos[_2_]
October 26th 08, 07:33 PM
Skybuck Flying wrote:
> Somehow I don't like the idea of being around nigga's all the time !

> Bye,
> Skybuck =D

Burn in hell.

Skybuck Flying[_2_]
October 26th 08, 07:49 PM
The problem is with the shadows.

The shadows that are far away are blurred.

Then as I move closer towards the shadow they start to get darker and change
shape...

It's very distracting, annoying and weird !

Maybe it can be fixed somehow...

I shall post some screenshots later on.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_2_]
October 26th 08, 08:15 PM
Hello,

Here are some screenshots showing the weirdness of FarCry2:

(Very distracting during play:)

http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/FarCry2Weirdness/

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_2_]
October 26th 08, 08:36 PM
Hmmm...

I think the problem might be that the gamma was set to low ?!

The red dot in the settings was to the left of the center...

Why they do that ? ;)

I put it on the middle... maybe that's how it's supposed to be...

Looks better now ! ;)

Unfortunately my eyes are too tired to play now... I'll try to play just a
little bit...

And I am also gonna try and play a bit with the other settings.

The game feels a bit sluggish...

The game has 60 fps per second settings... Maybe I can run it on 30 fps
second.. maybe that will play better who knows ! ;)

Doom 4 is gonna be 30 fps per second so I am curious if it will make any
difference...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_2_]
October 26th 08, 08:57 PM
I just don't like this game.

I didn't like farcry1 as well.

The game feels to artifical compared to BF2.

In farcry everything feels dead.

Nothing is moving except the grass.

The leaves on the tree don't move... the branches don't move.

Only some plants have movement will the rest is dead.

The graphics ain't that great as well...

I understand now why they put the gamma so low... it's just not so a good
game graphically...

The textures are a bit pale... and cheap... even the high textures don't
look that good.

Without the shadows the game looks even more artifical and weird...

With the shadows it becomes jerky...

The fire effect in that great and is a bit too transparent.. like see
through glass or plastic or so...

The smoke is kinda weird too...

This game is just too weird for me... graphically ;)

I rather play BF2... and have some more good/decent/high performance and
still alive action ! :)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Rotten Ronny
October 27th 08, 03:38 AM
"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
b.home.nl...
> The game feels a bit sluggish...

Turn off vsync. The lighting issue is as I said and is caused by HDR.

Skybuck Flying[_2_]
October 28th 08, 11:24 PM
Has nothing to do with it...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_2_]
November 4th 08, 08:42 PM
Especially african nigga's...

They talk weird, look weird, do weird stuff.

They weird ! :)

Bye,
Skybuck ;)

Skybuck Flying[_2_]
November 4th 08, 08:50 PM
Actually...

Now I know what I don't like about FarCry2... it's the story...

I don't like games where I am the criminal... or around criminals...

I don't like GTA and stuff like that.

FarCry2 feels like I am the bad guy working for criminals !

African nigga criminals !

BAH !

Bye,
Skybuck ;)