PDA

View Full Version : No Physx processor installed

Daniel[_4_]
October 23rd 08, 07:20 AM
Hi

I am running Vista Ultimate with a DC 2.6 Gig CPU.
I have a nVidia 8600 GTS 512 meg card, when I open nVidia Physx Properties
in Control Panel it says on the info page.
"No Ageia Physx processor installed"

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

The game I have that uses Physx is Train Simulator.

thanks

Daniel

Daniel[_4_]
October 23rd 08, 08:19 PM
"Bill" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article >,
> says...
>> Hi
>>
>> I am running Vista Ultimate with a DC 2.6 Gig CPU.
>> I have a nVidia 8600 GTS 512 meg card, when I open nVidia Physx
>> Properties
>> in Control Panel it says on the info page.
>> "No Ageia Physx processor installed"
>>
>> Any ideas on how I can fix this?
>>
>> The game I have that uses Physx is Train Simulator.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Daniel
>>

> Did you install the driver?
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_8.09.04_whql.html
>
> Bill
> --
> GMail, Google Goobers and Web to Usenet gateway users.
> This century's answers to AOL and WebTV.

Yes I did

cheers

deimos[_2_]
October 23rd 08, 11:33 PM
Daniel wrote:

> "Bill" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> In article >,
>> says...
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am running Vista Ultimate with a DC 2.6 Gig CPU.
>>> I have a nVidia 8600 GTS 512 meg card, when I open nVidia Physx
>>> Properties
>>> in Control Panel it says on the info page.
>>> "No Ageia Physx processor installed"
>>>
>>> Any ideas on how I can fix this?
>>>
>>> The game I have that uses Physx is Train Simulator.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> Daniel
>>>

>> Did you install the driver?
>>
>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_8.09.04_whql.html
>>
>> Bill
>> --
>> GMail, Google Goobers and Web to Usenet gateway users.
>> This century's answers to AOL and WebTV.
>
> Yes I did
>
> cheers

"No AGEIA Physx Processor Installed" is completely normal as you're not
using the PPU which is also supported by the Physx driver. You're using
"Geforce Physx" which is listed under settings. You can use this to
switch GPU Physx on or off.

Daniel[_4_]
October 24th 08, 01:30 AM
"deimos" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Daniel wrote:
>>
>> "Bill" > wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>> In article >,
>>> says...

>>> Did you install the driver?
>>>
>>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_8.09.04_whql.html
>>>
>>> Bill
>>> --
>>> GMail, Google Goobers and Web to Usenet gateway users.
>>> This century's answers to AOL and WebTV.
>>
>> Yes I did
>>
>> cheers
>
> "No AGEIA Physx Processor Installed" is completely normal as you're not
> using the PPU which is also supported by the Physx driver. You're using
> "Geforce Physx" which is listed under settings. You can use this to
> switch GPU Physx on or off.

Thanks, I think I understand, does this mean I need to install a Physx
Processing Unit
as well, and use it in conjunction with my GPU?

thanks

Daniel

Daniel[_4_]
October 24th 08, 02:48 AM
"Bill" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article >,
> says...
>>
>> "deimos" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >
> <snip>
>

>> > "No AGEIA Physx Processor Installed" is completely normal as you're not
>> > using the PPU which is also supported by the Physx driver. You're
>> > using
>> > "Geforce Physx" which is listed under settings. You can use this to
>> > switch GPU Physx on or off.
>>

>> Thanks, I think I understand, does this mean I need to install a Physx
>> Processing Unit
>> as well, and use it in conjunction with my GPU?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Daniel
>>

> No, the GeForce 8XXX and up graphic cards from Nvidia are supposed
> to support PhysX effects. I know my 8800 does. You may find some
> games run unacceptably slow when you add the extra overhead of the
> PhysX effects with your less capable 8600 though.
>
> Bill
> --
> GMail, Google Goobers and Web to Usenet gateway users.
> This century's answers to AOL and WebTV.

Bill

Okay so I am back to square one, I have the latest drivers for both GPU and
Physx installed as administrator,
so where to from here.

BTW, I meant Rail Simulator not Train Simulator, and Physx capability is
installed as a part of it's install routine.

regards

Daniel

Daniel[_4_]
October 24th 08, 03:44 AM
"Bill" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article >,
> says...
>>
>> "Bill" > wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>> > In article >,
>> > says...

>> > <snip>

>> > No, the GeForce 8XXX and up graphic cards from Nvidia are supposed
>> > to support PhysX effects. I know my 8800 does. You may find some
>> > games run unacceptably slow when you add the extra overhead of the
>> > PhysX effects with your less capable 8600 though.
>> >
>> > Bill
>> > --
>> > GMail, Google Goobers and Web to Usenet gateway users.
>> > This century's answers to AOL and WebTV.
>>

>> Bill
>>
>> Okay so I am back to square one, I have the latest drivers for both GPU
>> and
>> Physx installed as administrator,
>> so where to from here.
>>
>> BTW, I meant Rail Simulator not Train Simulator, and Physx capability is
>> installed as a part of it's install routine.
>
> Bit of a difference, that.
>

>> regards
>>
>> Daniel
>>

> Do you now have a Nvidia PhysX icon in the control panel?
>
> Bill
> --
> GMail, Google Goobers and Web to Usenet gateway users.
> This century's answers to AOL and WebTV.

Yes I do, before this it was the Ageia Physx Icon, both were the same,
that is how I get the Physx Properties up.

regards

Daniel

Daniel[_4_]
October 24th 08, 09:19 AM
> Well, a start would be to click on the icon to open it. Fiirst tab
> is 'Info'. It will tell you what PhysX engines are installed.

The following are installed
v2.8.1
v2.8.0
v2.7.6
v2.7.5
v2.7.4
v2.7.3
v2.7.2
v2.7.1
v2.7.0
v2.6.4
v2.6.3
v2.6.2
v2.6.1
v2.6.0
v2.5.4
v2.5.3
v2.5.2
v2.5.1
v2.5.0
v2.4.4
v2.4.1
v2.4.0
v2.3.3
v2.3.2
v2.3.1
> Next try the demos under the 'Demo' tab. Then there is always the
> ubiquitous 'Help' tab.
>Was no help at all
> If the demos work it's installed.

I get an error box that I need DX9c installed, I have Vista and DX10
installed
If the game doesn't work there may
> be settings in the game you can change.
The game does work but it will work without Physx processer installed

If not you'll have to get
> help from the game people; I don't run that game.
>
> Bill
> --
> GMail, Google Goobers and Web to Usenet gateway users.
> This century's answers to AOL and WebTV.

Daniel[_4_]
October 25th 08, 12:15 AM
> I was under the impression that DX10 was supposed to be backwards
> compatable.
>
> Googling.
>
> 1st hit on "Vista and DX9"
>
> As found here: http://www.ngohq.com/news/9608-vista-requires-
> directx-9-neowin.html

> Turns out that Vista's DirectX 10 is not fully backwards compatible
> with DirectX 9, and Vista does not ship with the components required
> for all games that utilize DirectX 9. Therefore, if you get any
> errors about missing DLL files from games when you try to run them in
> Vista, then you'll have to actually download and install DirectX 9.
> Did you check to see if there were any settings in the game that
> referred to PhysX?
>
> Bill
> --
> GMail, Google Goobers and Web to Usenet gateway users.
> This century's answers to AOL and WebTV.

A couple of excellent points, I was not aware that I could install DX9c on
top of DX10, I will give it a go.
The game settings do not refer to Physx specific settings, I will ask the
game support site which ones are Physx related.

thanks for your perseverance.

regards

Daniel

Daniel[_4_]
October 25th 08, 01:21 AM
"Daniel" > wrote in message
>> I was under the impression that DX10 was supposed to be backwards
>> compatable.
>>
>> Googling.
>>
>> 1st hit on "Vista and DX9"
>>
>> As found here: http://www.ngohq.com/news/9608-vista-requires-
>> directx-9-neowin.html
>
>> Turns out that Vista's DirectX 10 is not fully backwards compatible
>> with DirectX 9, and Vista does not ship with the components required
>> for all games that utilize DirectX 9. Therefore, if you get any
>> errors about missing DLL files from games when you try to run them in
>> Vista, then you'll have to actually download and install DirectX 9.
>> Did you check to see if there were any settings in the game that
>> referred to PhysX?
>>
>> Bill
>> --
>> GMail, Google Goobers and Web to Usenet gateway users.
>> This century's answers to AOL and WebTV.
>
> A couple of excellent points, I was not aware that I could install DX9c on
> top of DX10, I will give it a go.
> The game settings do not refer to Physx specific settings, I will ask the
> game support site which ones are Physx related.
>
> thanks for your perseverance.
>
> regards
>
> Daniel
Hi

I installed DX9c (or at least an update that was advertised as a DX9c
install) and the demos are now working,
but the "No Physx Processor installed" message is still there on the info
page.
It seems from the game site that there is a lot of doubt around the games
ability to utelise Physx processing,
so I guess that is about as far as we will get.

Thanks for your help through this.

regards

Daniel