PDA

View Full Version : Geforce GTX 260...?

Rudolf Kemnitz
October 11th 08, 10:09 AM
HI @ all...

Can someone tell me how fast (FPS) the Geforce GTX 260 is in Crysis in
very High and in 1920x1200 ...?
because I think of to buy this Card...

bye, DUDI ;-)
--

http://www.xfire.com/clans/gow1969/ (GEARS OF WAR SQUAD)
http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5 (Gears of War - Epic

Shawk
October 11th 08, 12:41 PM
Rudolf Kemnitz wrote:
> HI @ all...
>
> Can someone tell me how fast (FPS) the Geforce GTX 260 is in Crysis in
> very High and in 1920x1200 ...?
> because I think of to buy this Card...
>
> bye, DUDI ;-)

This was answered in the ATI group when you said were thinking of buying
the HD4870 X2.

Before you ask, the link you was given also compares the 4870's, 4850's,
260, 280, 9800's, 3870's and 8800's at that resolution, maximum details,
AA and no AA in that game.

The link again...

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2008/08/13/amd-ati-radeon-hd-4870-x2/6

Augustus[_3_]
October 11th 08, 05:02 PM
"Shawk" > wrote in message
> Rudolf Kemnitz wrote:
>> HI @ all...
>>
>> Can someone tell me how fast (FPS) the Geforce GTX 260 is in Crysis in
>> very High and in 1920x1200 ...?
>> because I think of to buy this Card...
>>
>> bye, DUDI ;-)
>

> This was answered in the ATI group when you said were thinking of buying
> the HD4870 X2.
>
> Before you ask, the link you was given also compares the 4870's, 4850's,
> 260, 280, 9800's, 3870's and 8800's at that resolution, maximum details,
> AA and no AA in that game.

Yes, he doesn't read his previous posts that were answered fully but where
he needed to actually read the article and get the data himself.
Regarding that test though, ....I wonder why on their reference test of
Crysis DX10 at 1920x1200 0xAA 8xAF a single 8800GT ouperforms a 9800GX2 and
3870X2 by 15-20%. But in the very next test where the resolution is kept the
same, and only the AA is moved to 2 from 0, the 9800GX2 's performance
increases by 70% while every other card's performance changes by only 10%
max. The 260/280 increase by about 10% and 4870X2 drops by about 10. In the
DX9 runs on the next page, this wierdness doesn't happen.

Shawk
October 12th 08, 12:57 AM
Augustus wrote:
> "Shawk" > wrote in message
>> Rudolf Kemnitz wrote:
>>> HI @ all...
>>>
>>> Can someone tell me how fast (FPS) the Geforce GTX 260 is in Crysis in
>>> very High and in 1920x1200 ...?
>>> because I think of to buy this Card...
>>>
>>> bye, DUDI ;-)
>>
>> This was answered in the ATI group when you said were thinking of buying
>> the HD4870 X2.
>>
>> Before you ask, the link you was given also compares the 4870's, 4850's,
>> 260, 280, 9800's, 3870's and 8800's at that resolution, maximum details,
>> AA and no AA in that game.
>

> Yes, he doesn't read his previous posts that were answered fully but where
> he needed to actually read the article and get the data himself.
> Regarding that test though, ....I wonder why on their reference test of
> Crysis DX10 at 1920x1200 0xAA 8xAF a single 8800GT ouperforms a 9800GX2 and
> 3870X2 by 15-20%. But in the very next test where the resolution is kept the
> same, and only the AA is moved to 2 from 0, the 9800GX2 's performance
> increases by 70% while every other card's performance changes by only 10%
> max. The 260/280 increase by about 10% and 4870X2 drops by about 10. In the
> DX9 runs on the next page, this wierdness doesn't happen.

Someone else asked a similar question and the answer back from Tim S was:

"We spent a long time testing the GX2 on multiple occasions and it's not
the first time we've seen strange behaviour like this. I think it could
be related to a combination of drivers and microstuttering (which is a
real problem on the 3870 X2 and not so much on the 4870 X2)"

Rudolf Kemnitz
October 12th 08, 10:03 AM
Hey again...

and THX for the link...

so it look for me that the GTX 260 and the GTX 280 is as fast as a ATI HD
4870 x2...

so I think I buy a GTX 260 couse the Minimum FPS in Crysis very High are
almost the same...

And even the HD 4870 x2 ist almost fast as GTX280...

so maybe I wait for the next new Card... or I buy the GTX 260... not so easy
the decision...
(I allways used a Geforce... only my first card was a ATI...)

--
bye, DUDI ;-)
http://www.xfire.com/clans/gow1969/ (GEARS OF WAR SQUAD)
http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5 (Gears of War - Epic