PDA

View Full Version : Geoforce GT 600: can it work with DirectX 6 games?

SantaClaus
September 28th 08, 01:12 PM
Hi all,

I have a PC with a geoforce GT 600 video card, and Windows XP 32 bit.
The videocard works fine, and Direct X 9 games run ok.

However, I tried to install Worms Armageddon, an old title which
requires Direct X 6, and it doesn't work: the game starts, but the
colours soon get all messed up and the games freezes.

Can it be a compatibility issue with DX6? Does my graphics card
support DX6? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks!

First of One[_2_]
September 28th 08, 02:38 PM
Older games don't always cooperate with XP. Do you have the Worms v3.6.29.0
beta patch installed? It is apparently required for XP compatibility.
http://wormsarmageddon.team17.com/main.html?page=supp&area=upda

"SantaClaus" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have a PC with a geoforce GT 600 video card, and Windows XP 32 bit.
> The videocard works fine, and Direct X 9 games run ok.
>
> However, I tried to install Worms Armageddon, an old title which
> requires Direct X 6, and it doesn't work: the game starts, but the
> colours soon get all messed up and the games freezes.
>
> Can it be a compatibility issue with DX6? Does my graphics card
> support DX6? Is there anything I can do?
>
> Thanks!

SantaClaus
September 29th 08, 02:33 PM
On 28 Sep, 14:38, "First of One" > wrote:
> Older games don't always cooperate with XP. Do you have the Worms v3.6.29.0
> beta patch installed? It is apparently required for XP compatibility.http://wormsarmageddon.team17.com/main.html?page=supp&area=upda

I'll try, thanks for the link.

However, I'm inclined to think it's more about the video card than the
o.s. : my previous machine ran XP, and the same game used to work just
fine.

Augustus[_3_]
September 29th 08, 11:41 PM
"SantaClaus" > wrote in message
> On 28 Sep, 14:38, "First of One" > wrote:
>> Older games don't always cooperate with XP. Do you have the Worms
>> v3.6.29.0
>> beta patch installed? It is apparently required for XP
>> compatibility.http://wormsarmageddon.team17.com/main.html?page=supp&area=upda
>
> I'll try, thanks for the link.
>
> However, I'm inclined to think it's more about the video card than the
> o.s. : my previous machine ran XP, and the same game used to work just
> fine.

What exactly is a Geforce GT 600?

SantaClaus
September 30th 08, 08:48 AM
On 29 Sep, 23:41, "Augustus" > wrote:

> What exactly is a Geforce GT 600?

Sorry, I got confused: it's a Geoforce 8600 GT. My bad