PDA

View Full Version : GeForce 8400M GT Help!!!!

Dez
March 26th 08, 10:47 PM
Hi guys,

I have a new laptop running Vista with an Nvidea GeForce 8400M GT
video card.

When watching live streaming video such as NASA TV
http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1368163 , it is viewed
in what looks like 4:3 with black bars on either side.

However, when I watch it on my PC is it showing in widescreen format
and fills the entire screen with no black bars.

I can't find any settings for the card which could change this. Does
anyone have any idea how to view in widescreen?

Phil Weldon[_3_]
March 27th 08, 05:10 AM
'Dez' wrote:
> I have a new laptop running Vista with an Nvidea GeForce 8400M GT
> video card.
>
> When watching live streaming video such as NASA TV
> http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1368163 , it is viewed
> in what looks like 4:3 with black bars on either side.
>
> However, when I watch it on my PC is it showing in widescreen format
> and fills the entire screen with no black bars.
>
> I can't find any settings for the card which could change this. Does
> anyone have any idea how to view in widescreen?
_____

Do you mean that you have a desktop computer that you call a PC, and a
laptop that you don't call a PC?

NASA TV streaming video channels aren't widescreen format, just 4:3, so if
you are seeing the image fill a widescreen 16:9 format, then you are either
losing the top and bottom of the image or the image is stretched (and
circles are not round.) Either way, what you see on your laptop is the
image as it should look. [Assuming that your laptop and desktop both have
widescreen monitors.]

There are downloadable HDTV files that ARE widescreen 16:9, but the required
bandwidth is too high for streaming.

You might want to go directly to
http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html
for streaming NASA TV.