PDA

View Full Version : Driver Question

David Hester
February 28th 08, 09:45 PM
If I change the card in my machine from a 8800GTS to a 8800GT do i need to
reinstall the drivers?

I know it sounds a stupid question, but my brain is numb from sorting out
some other problems.

Thanks

Augustus
February 29th 08, 01:25 AM
"David Hester" > wrote in message
> If I change the card in my machine from a 8800GTS to a 8800GT do i need to
> reinstall the drivers?
>
> I know it sounds a stupid question, but my brain is numb from sorting out
> some other problems.
>
> Thanks

It would be a wise thing to do (uninstall and then reinstall the driver)
whenever you install another videocard in your system. It take just a couple
of extra minutes and can save you a lot of grief.

BigJim
February 29th 08, 01:27 AM
it is a good idea to change drivers
"David Hester" > wrote in message
> If I change the card in my machine from a 8800GTS to a 8800GT do i need to
> reinstall the drivers?
>
> I know it sounds a stupid question, but my brain is numb from sorting out
> some other problems.
>
> Thanks

March 2nd 08, 01:10 PM
On Feb 29, 8:27*am, "BigJim" > wrote:
> it is a good idea to change drivers"David Hester" > wrote in message

> > If I change the card in my machine from a 8800GTS to a 8800GT do i need to
> > reinstall the drivers?
>
> > I know it sounds a stupid question, but my brain is numb from sorting out
> > some other problems.
>
> > Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, you have to change drivers, 8800gt (g92) uses 169 series driver
whilst the old 8800GTS (g80) uses 163 which aren't compatible