PDA

View Full Version : nVidia Control Panel vs nTune?

Jason A.
February 15th 08, 04:53 AM
Which is the better choice?

Currently, I'm using Control Panel, is there any advantage to going to
nTune? Or is Control Panel newer then nTune?

Thanks,
Jason

Phil Weldon
February 15th 08, 06:34 AM
'Jason A.' wrote:
| Which is the better choice?
|
| Currently, I'm using Control Panel, is there any advantage to going to
| nTune? Or is Control Panel newer then nTune?
_____

nVidia 'nTune' and nVidia 'Control Panel' are the same application. The
application is for use with an nVidia chipset motherboard and nVidia display
adapters.

nVidia 'Settings' is for nVidia display adapters only, and is part of the
nVidia display adapter driver.

Phil Weldon

"Jason A." > wrote in message
news:[email protected] .com...
| Which is the better choice?
|
| Currently, I'm using Control Panel, is there any advantage to going to
| nTune? Or is Control Panel newer then nTune?
|
| Thanks,
| Jason

GMAN[_4_]
February 15th 08, 04:30 PM
In article >, "Phil Weldon" > wrote:
>'Jason A.' wrote:
>| Which is the better choice?
>|
>| Currently, I'm using Control Panel, is there any advantage to going to
>| nTune? Or is Control Panel newer then nTune?
>_____
>
>nVidia 'nTune' and nVidia 'Control Panel' are the same application. The
>application is for use with an nVidia chipset motherboard and nVidia display
>adapters.
>
>nVidia 'Settings' is for nVidia display adapters only, and is part of the
>nVidia display adapter driver.
>
>Phil Weldon

So if we only have an 8800GTS and no nvidia chipset motherboard, we dont need
nTune??

Mr.E Solved!
February 15th 08, 05:45 PM
GMAN wrote:

> So if we only have an 8800GTS and no nvidia chipset motherboard, we dont need
> nTune??

Not unless you wish to OC, or you use the classic control panel instead.

Why don't you install it yourself and find out, beats secondhand
information, does it not?