PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Good Video Card


The Time Traveler
December 3rd 07, 06:27 PM
I am looking for a Good Video Card. Between $100.00 and $130.00. I don't
game but I run two Monitors with Photoshop and DVD MovieFactory 6. Any
information from those of you who know about good cards would mean a
lot. Thank You for your time.
The Time Traveler

BigJim
December 3rd 07, 10:21 PM
agp or pci-e and/or dvi or analog connections?
"The Time Traveler" > wrote in message
...
>I am looking for a Good Video Card. Between $100.00 and $130.00. I don't
>game but I run two Monitors with Photoshop and DVD MovieFactory 6. Any
>information from those of you who know about good cards would mean a lot.
>Thank You for your time.
> The Time Traveler

The Time Traveler
December 3rd 07, 11:29 PM
BigJim wrote:
> agp or pci-e and/or dvi or analog connections?
> "The Time Traveler" > wrote in message
> ...
>> I am looking for a Good Video Card. Between $100.00 and $130.00. I
>> don't game but I run two Monitors with Photoshop and DVD MovieFactory
>> 6. Any information from those of you who know about good cards would
>> mean a lot. Thank You for your time.
>> The Time Traveler
>
PCI-E x16 Duel DVI
Thank You

Paul
December 4th 07, 12:05 AM
The Time Traveler wrote:
> BigJim wrote:
>> agp or pci-e and/or dvi or analog connections?
>> "The Time Traveler" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>> I am looking for a Good Video Card. Between $100.00 and $130.00. I
>>> don't game but I run two Monitors with Photoshop and DVD MovieFactory
>>> 6. Any information from those of you who know about good cards would
>>> mean a lot. Thank You for your time.
>>> The Time Traveler
>>
> PCI-E x16 Duel DVI
> Thank You

This is the cheapest one I could find, which includes two DVI to VGA
dongles. You can use this with a mix of DVI or VGA monitors. It has
a nice set of included cables.

SAPPHIRE 100164DDR2L Radeon X1650PRO 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 $60
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102098

Paul

BigJim
December 4th 07, 06:45 AM
another one I like is a geforce 7600gt it is on the same level as the ati
paul recommended.

"The Time Traveler" > wrote in message
...
>I am looking for a Good Video Card. Between $100.00 and $130.00. I don't
>game but I run two Monitors with Photoshop and DVD MovieFactory 6. Any
>information from those of you who know about good cards would mean a lot.
>Thank You for your time.
> The Time Traveler

Augustus
December 4th 07, 07:27 AM
> This is the cheapest one I could find, which includes two DVI to VGA
> dongles. You can use this with a mix of DVI or VGA monitors. It has
> a nice set of included cables.
>
> SAPPHIRE 100164DDR2L Radeon X1650PRO 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16
> $60
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102098

There's two versions of this Sapphire 256Mb X1650 Pro card with virtually no
cost difference....the one above with 800Mhz DDR2 and one that has has
1400Mhz DDR3 for $10 more. GPU core is the same on both. The performance
difference is dramatic. This one is $71.78 with free ground shipping.
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=AT-165P512&c=pw

The Newegg one is $60, but with $5.84 shipping, so $5 more gets you a LOT
more performance.

Augustus
December 5th 07, 12:57 AM
> This is the cheapest one I could find, which includes two DVI to VGA
> dongles. You can use this with a mix of DVI or VGA monitors. It has
> a nice set of included cables.
>
> SAPPHIRE 100164DDR2L Radeon X1650PRO 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16
> $60
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102098
>
> Paul

You can do better with the same card and manufacturer. There's two versions
of this Sapphire 256Mb X1650 Pro card with virtually no cost
difference....the one above with 800Mhz DDR2 and one that has has 1400Mhz
DDR3 for what amounts to $5 more. GPU core is the same on both. The
performance difference is dramatic. This one is $71.78 with free ground
shipping.
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=AT-165P512&c=pw

The Newegg one is $60, but with $5.84 shipping, so $5 more gets you a LOT
more performance.